Chapter 6: A good friendship.

Tw: drugs (weed) talks about shitty families. Skip this chapter if needed. Stay safe! ❤️

—Thursday 5:34 pm

"It's been a while Alex." I was looking up at the blue sky. Him sitting by me smoking weed. My dad was too busy doing his work inside. He never comes out.

"A while since what?" He was now looking up at the sky with me.

"I want to see my mom. I miss her." I took the blunt for his hands and I smoked it.

"George don't do this to yourself. You're going to end up hurt. More than you already have." He laid down on the grass. The grass wasn't exactly wet but it wasn't dry.

"Fuck off dude" I was laughing.

"Hey don't tell me to fuck off!" We both just started laughing. I laid on my back, arms holding my head so it wouldn't touch the somewhat wet grass.

"The sky is black"

"What the fuck George it's literally blue."

I looked over at him. I smiled and laughed.

"There's probably like 100 planets that we don't even know about."

"George shut up right now" he smiled at the sky.

"If you could be any celebrity who would you be?" I looked back to the sky.

"Taylor fucking swift. Her music is fire!" He put his hands up in the air and made the shape of a circle.

"You'd be a blondie too." I put my hands up in the air to make the shape of a triangle.

"I'd be famous too!"

"No way I thought we were talking about poor people?" I said it sarcastically and we both just burst out laughing. Nothing felt as good as this moments

"What about you?" Alex now trying to make a square with his fingers. It wasn't working.

"I dunno. I think I'd want to be... I'm not sure." The air was slightly getting colder.

"That sucks dude, let's go inside I'm getting cold." Alex got up and put out the blunt. We ran upstairs laughing. About what? I'm not completely sure.

We got up to my room and we decided to play games for children. Since we were still slightly high we didn't take anything seriously and we kept messing up.

"Stop kissing him the teachers coming in!" I wouldn't let go of the mouse.

"George stop we're going to get caught and we'll fail the game!" He shoved me away. I layer on my bed. "Look you see this is how you're supposed to play dumb ass." I stood up and looked. He ended up getting caught and I started laughing my ass off. While Alex was pretending to cry.

"Stay the night Alex." We had sleepovers all the time. We would laugh, watch tv, sneak out, and sometimes we just layer in bed talking.

"Yea sure let me just text my mom saying I won't make it home tonight."

Alex didn't care about what his mom thought of him. Or his dad. He lived his life the way he wanted to, no one could stop him. And his parents never stopped him because they were too busy favoriting his little sister. Truly all Alex wanted was someone to care for him. And all I needed was someone to hold me down. A reason to keep on fighting. So I cared for him and he held me down.

"Ok I'll stay. What are we doing tonight?"

"Calling Clay. I need to ask him something."

"Alrighty Georgie I need to go take a piss I'll be back. Do you still have those brownies?" He was standing at the door.

"Yes they're on the middle shelf. Now go take a piss, I don't want you peeing on the floor." He walked out of my room.

Calling: Clay 👀

It rang twice

"George?"

"I was just wondering if you and Nick want to come to this party I'm hosting on Saturday."

"I'll come I'll have to ask Nick. I'll let you know!"

"Ok well see you at school tomorrow?"

"Yes I'll see you tomorrow" he giggled. I could hear his soft and beautiful smile. Oh god I was in love with his smile.

Why was Alex talking so long finding the brownies? Or was he still taking a piss?

I headed down to the door of the bathroom.

"Alex?"

"George please go away."

What the hell did I do?

"Are you ok?" He sounded hurt. But why?

"No I'm not."

"Can I come in?"

"George I just said go away."

I opened the door. I don't care if he's still using the bathroom. We're both guys.

"What the hell is wrong?"

Alex was sitting on the toilet but still had his pants on. His head in his hands.

"What's wrong Alex?"

"I just wish my parents cared. What the hell did we do to deserve such shitty families? We were just kids wanting an ok family. A loving family. And our parents hurt us in ways or significant other couldn't."

His words were true. No one deserved a bad family. We all needed a good adult figure and some of us never got that. And that wasn't our fault.

"I know Alex, I know."

"I just want my parents to pay attention to me. I've tried everything. Doing drugs, getting in trouble, getting a god damn arm broken, and actually trying to be a good person. Why don't they love me..?"

That's when he broke down and cried. I haven't seen him cry in a long time. He always acted tough but we both knew that I saw through the mask.

"It's going to be ok. Even if they do or don't love you, you'll have me. We have each other. Some people you'll never be able to please. And that's ok."

We looked into each other's eyes. He hugged me. We ate brownies and fell asleep to each other venting.

I'll never lose Alex.

— woahhhh. Crazy chapter. Life is crazy. I'm sorry if you're having any family issues right now.

Know that you are amazing. I love you.

Also, my Wattpad is being weird and telling me only like one person is reading these but I'm getting notifications from many different people so 😐 uncool