Chapter 11: happy

—Monday 3:56 pm

I get to meet his parents! I don't think you understand how crazy this is! Meeting someone's parents and hoping they like you is tough.

This is amazing I mean I get to meet my crushes parents! I know I'm getting annoying, talking to you about George's parents and how I get to meet them but listen, you would be too. Don't even lie right now because I know you'd be just as excited and anxious about meeting your crushes parents.

Anyways, consider the following:

He might like me back because I mean why would you talk to your parents about me if you don't like them? He must of said something about prom or something like that because they wouldn't want to meet me if I was just a friend. Does that make any sense?

Ok, stop considering the up above.

George asked me if we could hangout after school and at the moment it's... Oh look at that it's 4:20. What's great time to ask him to hangout.

You
Come over?
4:20 pm

George
Sure! I'll be there in 10
4:21 pm

You
Alright cya
4:21 pm seen

Anyways so I should prolly see what we should do so then we don't have to sit around and be awkward and not know what to do.

And I figured out what we should do but I'm not telling you.

— 4:32

I heard a knock on the door and I rushed over to the door and yelled "I got it!" My mom looked over her shoulder to see me running to the front door.

"George! Hey!" He waved and smiled and he walked inside. My mother waved at him and he waved back. He's really nice. Like, nicer than me and I'm pretty nice. He's so much better than me in every way. The way he laugh makes me fall even more for him.

You should hear him laugh and smile. It's one of the best things that I've ever seen in my whole life.

"We're going upstairs mom!" I yelled and she just said ok. I grabbed George's hand and I lead him to my room. His hands were cold. Icy cold. I know for a fact my hands are always warm so I just held them until I couldn't anymore.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I looked over to him and his beautiful brown eyes. He had nice eyelashes and the way the sun hit his face you could see the really light freckles on his face. Literally who let him be this great looking?

"Sure, what genre?"

"I dunno. Romance or horror?"

"Absolutely not horror." He laughed his little laugh and we started searching for a good movie. He was sitting on his phone texting Alex.

Look I didn't mean to look at what they were talking about but...

All they were talking about how Alex's weed stock is almost out. I don't normally do drugs at all. It's just not something that interests me. Getting high and having the time of your life because everything you feel is numbed by the high, and then when you snap back to reality it's shit. All comes falling down on your shoulders.

"This one?" He looked up from his phone and nodded. He turned off his phone and started watching it with me.

His phone kept buzzing and well it was Alex.

"Oh come on Lilly! He loves you he's just scared!" He was yelling at dumb lilly. But what can I say she was being dumb in this situation. He's grabbed some popcorn and shoved it all in his mouth.

Seems like he can handle a lot when it comes to his mouth. (I'm sorry😎)

"I think Jake is scared." I looked over at home and handed him more popcorn to shove in his mouth.

"Scared of what?" He looked up at me after chewing all the popcorn.

"Love." I looked down at him. Oh god i really wanna kiss him.

"Maybe he's fallen and he didn't want to." I winked at him and now he shoved popcorn in my mouth.

"Fuck off Clay." He was hogging up all the blankets. So rude!

We finished the movie. You know Lilly and Jake end up together. My expectations were met.

"Wanna play Minecraft?" He was answering Alex's texts.

"Yeah of course! Hold on Alex is calling me. Where's the bathroom?" I showed him there and I booted up my PlayStation. I went downstairs to get more snacks. We were in luck I had some chips!

After a few minutes of waiting for George to come back he came back. I saw him sit down next to me and take a deep breath. He sighed and looked up at me, "Clay. I need to go pick Alex up. I'm truly sorry we can play Minecraft later tonight."

He looked so sad. Hurt even. I didn't want to ask because I know that he would just say "I'm fine." So I nodded and bring him into a hug.

"It's fine. Be careful alright?" I whispered into his ear. He held onto me tighter. I wish we could hug forever. He was shaking. What was making him look so hurt?

He stood up and I did too. I led him outside and I gave him a quick goodbye and a hug. I'm not saying I blame Alex for needing George but it would've been nice for this to happen another day.

I'm being selfish I'm sorry George.

He got into his car and pulled out of my driveway.

—sheesh 🥴 literally crazy they hung out and this is clays POV? That never happens! Anyways I feel like shit. I feel yucky my tummy hurts and well Um let's just leave it at that . 969 words lmao 😼