Chapter 14: The wind.

Tw: panic attack and homophobia and religious beliefs.

Wensday 6:23 am

Here's the bad thing about having a man that's a light sleeper sleep in my room, I can't sneak out. I can't go out at 2 am and go on my skateboard to wherever it takes me. I can't feel my hair getting wet or my shirt getting wet when I run through sprinklers.

Maybe that's a good thing. A sign I should get better rest.

"George! How many times do I need to tell you to wake up earlier?"

A pillow hitting my face. My curtains were shut but the window was open. I could already tell that it had rained. A slow wind blowing coming through my window.

"Whatever. I'm up now." I turned around to see Alex almost fully dressed.

"How long have you been up?" I tried to grab my watch that was on my bedside table.

"For like an hour. Anyways hurry up and look good. Also, want to grab like McDonald's for breakfast?"

I put on my watch and I stood up. I walked over to my closet searching for something to wear.

"Yeah sure." I grabbed a navy blue Nike hoodie and I grabbed black jeans. I put on white socks and slipped on my white old skool vans.

I made sure my hair didn't look all flat. I hate the look of it.

"Pass me my phone please."

Alex unplugged my phone and looked and then saw all my notifications. He scoffed.

"You got a text from Layla."

I panicked. I didn't know what she wanted. That last time we had ever interacted was like 6 months ago.

"What?" I grabbed my phone, it was true I had received a text from her. I wasn't sure if I wanted to answer. I was scared to even open the text message.

I answered everyone's text but hers. I didn't want to see it.

"What do I do?"

"I don't know George. Answer it? Leave her on read? I thought you blocked her number."

A few months ago I told him that I had blocked her number it was a lie. I had been staying in contact with her but only a few heys and how are you's but then again that was 6 months ago.

So I opened it.

Layla
I want you.
I made a dumb mistake and I may
be too late but I want you back
1:23 am

She was probably drunk. She was probably drunk. She was probably drunk. She was probably drunk. She was probably drunk.

Everything was spinning. I couldn't breathe. I could hear Alex talking to me but I couldn't wrap my head around the words. I heard mumbles, I heard her voice.

"I love you Layla."

"I love you too George." She looked up at me with those eyes. My hands on her waist and her hands on my cheeks. My stomach filled with butterflies.

Her voice was soft. Her eyes were such a beautiful blue. Oh my god I loved her so much.

"Does this mean we're a thing now George?" She smiled at me and I nodded. I was so lucky.

I was so lucky then. I didn't know what would happen a few months later. How much she'd break my heart so bad.

"GEORGE!"