Chapter 17: May I have this dance?

Clays POV

Friday 8:45 pm

We had been dancing at the upbeat songs but when it came to slow dancing George didn't want to. I had an idea on why. I didn't want to ask though.

Was he scared? Was he embarrassed?

It didn't matter either way because we headed out to my car.

"There's an after party which will be starting at like 10:20. Do you want to go?" George was looking down at his phone. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but he was texting some girl named Layla. I'm guessing the girl he called beautiful back at the dance.

He hadn't said anything and neither had she. He was just sitting there looking at a non existent conversation. Maybe he was too shy to text her.

"Sure George. Wanna go eat?"

"No. Let's go here." He put on his gps and connected CarPlay.

Which led to the middle of nowhere. I looked over at him and he looked at me. He then put on the night we met. I could remember that night like it was yesterday. Every second of it . Every second I talked to him. He got out of the car and opened my door. He held out his hand so I could hold it.

"May I have this dance?" I took him by the hand.

"Of course." I smiled down at him and he smiled up at me.

I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow
Take me back to
The night we met.

I kept tripping up and he kept laughing at how I couldn't dance very well. At this moment it didn't matter that he called some girl "beautiful" yes I did hear and see that. But he didn't know that.

"You can't remember the night we met." It's true he couldn't. He had somehow gotten so drunk that he couldn't remember shit. But I remembered every second of it.

"Obviously not. Tell me about it?" When he looked at me nothing mattered.

"Well I got there and I didn't know anybody. I was literally just walking and I came across the party and I went inside. I saw a really good looking guy and I decided to go up to him. I introduced myself to him, I asked him what his name was and he responded with 'what?' And I repeated my question and he said 'George' and I asked this George guy what his favorite color was and he said 'I like blue but I'd also really like your number in my phone.' So I gave him my number."

He smiled up at me. A new song began to play.

I had all
And then most of you
Some and now none of you.
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you

I don't want this moment to end. Never. But good things never last.

"I can't believe I actually said something like that to you." But you did George. And I'm so glad you did.

"Wait, you're George?" I said sarcastically. His hand in mine. His head on leaned on my body.

"No I'm some random guy you're dancing with right now." I really want to kiss him right now.

"Maybe we shouldn't go to that after party. Want to hangout with the boys?"

"Of course." I smiled down at him. It started to rain. The song changed and so did the mood.

Now we were dancing in the rain and laughing our asses off. How I just want to grab him by his hand and then kiss him. I wanted to explore his mouth. The taste of alcohol when he's drunk. The taste of blueberry because he had just gotten done eating one. The taste of his cherry chapstick. Every single taste he could get.

I wouldn't say I'm in love. But I truly do feel something more than just 'liking him' he was something else. Someone I would never dare to hurt.

I wanted him. And I have a feeling he wants me too.

It was pouring now and we decided to leave to go to Sapnap's house.

—Friday 10:21 pm

"Clay! We all want to go to this roller coaster. I think they close at 12:00 so we should all go now." Sapnap was looking down at his phone and Karl had his head on Sapnap shoulder. Alex was nodding and talking to George.

"Right now? Ok yeah who's car are we taking?" I went to go sit down. By myself. No one else.

"We can take yours Clay." Sapnap tried not to move a lot because well karl had his head on his shoulder.

"Alright who's paying for gas?" I asked taking out my phone.

"I will!" Karl looked to me. Thanks karl you're really nice and cool.

"Alright everyone let's go." We all got up and got into my car. Once we got in We all took turns to play music.

— at the park or whatever 😎

Sapnap and Karl decided to go get some candy and shit. Quackity wanted to go and do something. I forgot honestly. George was looking at the Ferris wheel and the lights on it.

"Wanna go on it?" I looked down at him and he looked like a little kid and smiled.

"Yes!" He ran to get in line and we waited a few and I texted Sapnap telling him that we were on the Ferris wheel.

This is where I'm going to make my move. When we reach the top I'm going to kiss him.

We could see the stars. The lights were about to turn blue. His eyes met mine. He looked beautiful. Better than any other person I've ever met. I glanced in. The lights turned blue and he leaned in too.

His lips met mine and mine met his. He soft lips that moved like a ballerina. This was a play. He had practiced everyday and his lips had to now actually do the act. Moves perfect. Feelings correct. Everything was alright.

And then after that night it had gone bad.

—woah woah ok chapter? I'm failing my classes isn't that like kinda cool? 😩 anyways I kinda might maybe perhaps be trying to become friends with this one guy. Woah woah anyways thoughts?