The Calm After The Storm

"She's waking up!" A voice called out near me. "Ora, take it easy."

I groaned as I slowly adjusted myself to my surroundings. I had a moment before, realising that I was lying on a couch in the Autobots base. There at my side was a familiar teenage boy whose face was lightening up with a caring smile.

"Jack?" I questioned as my vision took its time to clear, "Wha- what happened?"

Jack backed up, letting me get some space, concern was written all over his face, "Well...your symbol was charging massive energy, last night." He stated, "Ratchet said that you could have blown up the area if Optimus hadn't stepped in."

I sat up, seeing the Prime looming over us. Sometimes, I forget how huge and tall the Autobots were compared to us considering the fact that I spend most of the time with them in their holoforms in recent times.

"Ora, I am glad to see that you have recovered." He remarked, softly with eyes slowly gazing away.

Jack straightened himself, stretching his arms, "Right." He chuckled nervously, "I will leave you two to it and I will also make sure that the others don't bother you." He said, leaving.

Optimus gave a slight nod before a light flashed on him.  And the next thing I knew, the Autobot leader was in human-sized in front of me but retained his true robot form just like Megatron.

I stood up from the couch, seeing him approach me. His blue eyes glowed, meeting mine and just for a moment, I couldn't breathe.

"Ora..." Optimus started out, "I am sorry for everything." He said, gazing away slowly, "My secrets and Megatron's failure in an attempt to bring your memories back had resulted in putting you in more danger."

Danger. I was the danger. Everything about last night was a crazy emotional blur. An identity mess that I was stuck in.

I looked to the Prime, "Ariel. My vision of her and Cybertron. That was a memory, was it?" 

"Yes, I am afraid so." Optimus answered, his tone filled with somber.

My furrowed slightly at thought of the blue flashes of Allspark in my dream, "And the Allspark, it made me-" I stopped abruptly before I can finished that sentence. It was all still very raw. And here I was still processing that my past life was an alien one. A Cybertronian life.

A key. I was the key. My mark was the imprint of a key to the Allspark. It was what turned the Autobot Ariel to human me. What in the actual....

Optimus took a step towards, causing me to snap myself out of my thoughts, "I had only hoped to spare you." He said, gently taking my hands into his, "You are Ariel and if you wish it, I will be able to restore everything to you right now."

"You..." I looked at him in awe, "You could do that?"

"Yes." Optimus nodded, his soft eyes staring back at me with tenderness, "But I must warn you and you must prepare yourself. The war on Cybertron..." He trailed off.

There was no need for an explanation. I understood what he meant. If I were to remember everything, I would remember the pain of it all. I would feel what Ariel had felt. I would have seen the things she had seen. I would be her for all I know...And Ora would disappear as if she had never existed. Was I ready?

"I need...time to think," I answered finally, noticing a small shimmer of light on the Cybertronian symbol on my arm. I forced myself to calm down for a moment before continuing, "And I also need time to learn how to control this."

Optimus leaned slightly forward, "I understand." He said before noticing the dim glow of my mark, "If I may?" He questioned, holding his metal hand up for me to see.

I nodded in return, seeing as the Autobot leader then cupped my cheek with his hand and slowly tilted his forehead against mine. It was the same as last time with the small blue sparks appearing from the mark and surrounding us. The feeling was serene as I was captivated by the sparks. I knew this was Optimus' doing but what I couldn't understand as to why my mark had reacted calmly to him. And only him.

I looked back to the Prime who slightly pulled away from my forehead. His enchanting blue eyes were written in the stars. Stars that blazed hypnotically in gentle mirth. It was mind-numbing and I was compelled to its spell, mesmerised. Once again, I found my heart racing as I was drawn to him for some reason.

"It is done." Optimus said, gazing back at me which caused me to quickly look away in panic, "And Ora...I must confess something to you."

I pretended to act busy by checking my mark on my shoulder before slowly meeting his gaze, "Yes?" I responded, quietly.

Optimus opened his mouth about to speak when Ratchet entered in with his loud metallic footsteps. The medic Autobot's eyes widened in surprise, seeing the Prime not being in natural size, "Optimus, I hate to interrupt but a signal of energon supplies had shown up. This is an opportunity that we cannot miss to collect it."

"Set the ground bridge, Ratchet. I shall call the others." Optimus replied then turning to me, "I suppose...a later time would be appropriate to tell you." He remarked, lowering his gaze.

"Um, yeah. I should be going, anyway." I chuckled, sheepishly. "School is still on for me. Perhaps later in the evening, you can tell me."

The Prime nodded and a smile curved upon his metallic mouth as he resumed back to his huge robot size next to Ratchet. Then by the tunnel entrance, the other Autobots had appeared along with Raf, Meko, and Jack walking side by side. Optimus ordered Bumblebee to stay behind and to become our transport to school whilst the others joined him in the mission.

And as I got into the yellow muscle car with the rest, the bugging long conflict of my heart and mind had begun. The first problem was my heart still racing every time, I look at Optimus. The second problem was that my mind was screaming the fact that I may have to face Megatron if and only if he bothered showing up at school.