Gone Gone/Goodbye

Narrators POV (moments before Catherine's car accident)

Catherine was off to her friends house as she realized she was being followed. "Dude's been on my ass since I crossed the intersection." She said as she checked her rear view mirror trying to at least see who it is, but the person lowered their head. "Well this isn't good." She thought to herself as she started to speed up and take random turns to see if the person would follow along, in which they did. Catherine continued making random turns until she ended up by a store so she then parked quickly and entered the store. The guy had stopped following her or so she thought, he had an assumption of where she might go so he went the opposite way and parked a few streets down and walked his way to her car. Although he wasn't some random guy looking to kill her but in fact he was an ex of hers and was also Avery's dad but doesn't know she exist, he'd always wanted to get back at Catherine for breaking up with him so his perfect revenge was cutting her breaks, though she had reason to break up with him due to his physical and emotional abuse. Shawn angrily made his way to Catherine's car mumbling crazy things and plans to himself. Meanwhile Catherine began looking around the store to free her mind of what happened.

About twenty minutes went by and Shawn had finished cutting her breaks, he then saw he returning to her car and he made a run for it. "I pray this guy is gone and off my ass." She thought to herself as she she put her bags in the passenger side as she entered through the passenger side and continued route to her friends. While in route from a distance she sat the same car following her again. She picked up speed and managed to get away, up ahead it was a green light which she thought she could make. She got half way there and the light turned red, she pushed for foot down on the break which didn't stop her speed. "Oh fuck!" Catherine shouted as she saw a car coming at full speed from her left. The car to get left going at full speed crashed right into Catherine sending her car across the highway into another car, and at that moment for Catherine the world went dark.

Fast Forward to current time

Sasha, Rhea and Avery had arrived at the hospital, Sasha went up to the front desk to get a visitors pass and more details on where to find her. The three went to the ICU as the lady had told Sasha. "We'll be in the waiting room, you go and see how she's doing." Rhea said to her wife as she sat down in a chair with Avery on her lap. Sasha walked down the hall to find room 23 which was Catherine's room. Sasha took a deep breath as she knocked then entered, she shut the door behind her and pulled the curtain back. Sasha's eyes began filling up with tears and her lips began to quiver at the sight of seeing one of her best friends hooked up to several machines. "Oh god Catherine." Sasha said as a tear escaped her eye and fell down her cheek, Sasha sat by Catherine and held her hand tightly. "This can't be the end.." Sasha said in a whisper as a doctor entered alongside a social worker. "You must be Sasha correct?" The doctor asked and Sasha nodded. "As you know your friend Catherine here listed you as her emergency contact and next of kin, so in this case you'll be inheriting all of her prized possession along with her daughter." The social worker explained and Sasha was taken back a moment. "Is she dying?!" Sasha asked in a stern tone and the doctor looked at Sasha. "Well she's currently on life support and on her files it states that she doesn't want to be hooked up to machines and if she were to be her next of kin would have to pull the plug so Sasha it is you time to fulfill her wishes." The doctor said and tears rapidly fell from Sasha's eyes. "We'll leave you to say your goodbyes.." the doctor then said as he and the social worker exited the room. "Cat, you left me with such a huge responsibility, caring for Avery, what am I supposed to say to her when she asks for you or when you're coming back?" Sasha said as her voice began to tremble. "I didn't think I'd be losing you this soon in life and I have to be the person to pull the plug, oh gosh Catherine I'm just lost of words just know I love you and will make you proud everyday." Sasha continued on as she let go of her hand to call the doctor in.

The doctors entered the room and began detaching Catherine from the machines, the room that was once filled with the sounds of beeping machines and monitors was now silent. "It'll take a few minutes." A doctor said as she looked at Catherine. Sasha look at Catherine as she stood over her soon to be lifeless body, memories of the two played back in Sasha's mind. A few minutes went by and the doctors covered Catherine's body from head to toe. "Time of death 16:03." A doctor wrote down on her chart, as another escorted Sasha to Rhea. "Is she dead?" Rhea asked as she saw Sasha's eyes bloodshot red and Sasha nodded. "Oh god Sash, what happens to Avery? And what do we tell her?" Rhea said as she look down at Avery who was sleeping in her arms. "Catherine made me her next of kin, Avery's ours.. and I think we should tell her when she's old enough to understand.." Sasha said as she looked down. Rhea and Sasha exited the hospital and made way back home although the drive was filled with silence and sorrow in the air.