One Mistake After Another

Mikasa's POV...

It's been 4 hours since Levi left the house after our argument, and although I hate to admit it, I've been worried sick, I even sat around and cleaned the mansion while I was waiting to get my mind off it but, I couldn't, this was the first time I had seen him worried, upset even, and I was too busy feeling sorry for myself and blamed him for what happened. I was so stupid...

"Ugh, where are you!?" I yell out, tightening my grip on the broom handle as I felt anger and worry coarse through me until-

"Ding dong" the sound of the doorbell ringing out and I immediately freeze up, it's not Levi since he would've just walked in so, who could it be?

I place the broom down and head for the stairs to the first floor before reaching the door quietly.

"Levi? Are you in there? I have something for you"

It was Eren's voice I heard from the other side, he sounded cheery and even a bit timid as he shouted for Levi. I decided to open the door and as soon as I do, I saw the smile on Eren's face turn to a confused glare. "What? What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"Eren! How are you doing? Levi is not here yet" I say, actually excited to see my angry little brother again.

"Oh, uhh hey Mikasa, I was just wanting to speak with Levi is all, why the hell are you here?" His tone seemed angrier than usual, is something wrong with him?

"I umm, I live here, Levi said it'd be easier to train with him if I didn't have to travel every morning so he offered me to live here. Are you alright? You seem angry again"

"It's nothing, stop babying me Mikasa, I'm not a little kid anymore" he sounds even angrier than before, his teeth gritting while he talks.

"Eren, you can talk to me, I know it's been hard with what's been going on with Armin and us not hanging out much lately but you can talk to me" and I go to grab his arm but he moves back, distancing himself a few steps back.

"It doesn't matter, I'll see you later" and he turns to walk away. I was shocked to see him so distant, I know he was always impulsive but this was just too much, it's almost as if he hates me.

I just watch him walk away, his movements heavy and i just can't help but wonder, do I manage to push everyone I care about away? Am I really that horrible?...

A few more hours pass and after making a few mugs of coffee to calm down I simply couldn't, my mind was racing with worry and so I contacted the last person I wanted to start a conversation with but ultimately had to, Hanji.

"Helloooooo? Who is thiiiiiis?" I hear Hanji's voice playfully singing the words out.

"It's Mikasa, you gave me your number back at the casino" I say boringly, I'm not exactly in the mood for chitchat.

"OOOOOOO Mikasa! Hey! HowareyoudoingitsbeenawhilesincewelasttalkedihavesomuchtocatchuponitsbeensocrazyattheofficedidyouhearsashastolethelaststeakpiefromConnie?itssocra-"

"Yes, good talk but I have something to ask you, has Levi been in contact with you today?" I'm already regretting my decision wholeheartedly.

"Oh? The midget? He hasn't been at the office since this morning, why do you ask? Stalking your little lovebird? Hmmmm? Huhuhu" Hanji giggles in the most insane way imaginable.

"No, there's a problem, I think he went to find Kenny on his own" and after that, silence from the other end of the line, for once Hanji was speechless, but even more surprisingly, her next words sounded so serious, nothing like the Hanji I'm used to.

"Oh no, alright I'll have a search team go to the underground, we'll find him Mikasa, for now just stay low and keep yourself safe, we'll let you know if we find anything" and then her voice becomes more distant as I hear her scream, "alright all of you, get ready for patrol, we're going underground, we have a new mission ahead" before the call ends abruptly.

'Sigh, I can't just sit here and wait, I've got to find him' I think to myself and already, I'm moving to get my clothes before I remember, he once talked to me about some weird machines that he uses while chasing criminals, the 3 dimensional manoeuvre gear or something like that, he should have them in his room.

Levi's POV...

It's been over an hour since my meeting with Kenny, that bastard disappeared before I could catch him, damn it! Surprisingly enough my body hasn't shut down yet though given the blood loss that might as well not matter anymore, and the makeshift bandages are not exactly helping as much as I'd hoped.

Having traveled around the underground for over an hour, the place looks just as shit as I remember it, criminals all over the place and slaves still being traded, that's one thing I'll have to open an investigation on once this bullshit is done.

"We've got to find him! Kenny will surely kill us if we fail now" I hear a voice in the distance speak with a heavy tone as a few more people give a nod, given what they're talking about they must be talking about me, I've got to find a place to hide and heal.

"Search every area around, use your gear if you have to but don't let him escape!"

"AYE!" They all shout as I move around the corner in an empty, narrow pathway, hiding in the shadows. I can hear at least 3 of them move closer to my location, and at worst there could be 10 marching in sync to hide their numbers. But they do have 3dm gear, if I can catch one of them by surprise and take his equipment I might still have a chance to escape.

With each second they get closer and closer, and with every second my hopes of their low numbers dwindles at the same time, at least 7 of them, and from what I can assume probably even more dangerous than your average thug. This will be a pain.

That's when I spot it, the bar on the other side of the street, if I can do this right I can escape fast enough to avoid more trouble, let's just hope this won't be the way I go down.

___________________________________

I know what you're thinking, "oh my goodness, that idiot actually updated for once, it's a miracle" and in fact you would be correct, this idiot did update so hope you guys enjoyed this one and continue to enjoy this cause let me tell you, this is a journey for me as it is for you guys, so thank you for continuing to read this and I'll see you on the next chapter... whenever that might be.