The Attack on SC Headquarters

Mikasa's POV...

Silence... darkness... nothing is around me, I don't know where I am or what's happening to me, the only thing I know is the pain in my body. Levi, Eren, what happened to everyone? What is going on? Why am I here? Why can't I get out? Please... someone let me out, someone help me... I can't feel my legs, or my lower body, as if it's... missing. Please let me out. I need to get out, before it's too late...

Suddenly light shines through in front of me.

"Let's take her to the place" one said, but I don't know who, or where...

Levi's POV...

Shit, time is running out for me, I need medical assistance soon if I want to be in top shape for this. I am not gonna fail again, I can't let everyone down again. I can't let Mikasa alone again, I can't let her go this way. I don't want her to remember our last moments as us arguing, I just can't... lose.

I'm gonna keep going, keep fighting until I can't move anymore, find a doctor on the surface, and get myself back into fighting shape and smash those Titans to their core. And as for Mikasa, I just hope wherever she is that she's safe, and that she'll forgive me for what happened.

I eventually reach a local clinic inside the city, and I barge in while bleeding as the doctors take me to an emergency room. The anaesthetics would take too long to prepare so I'm going to have to go through the procedure conscious, I've got no time to lose. They start working as I grit my teeth at the pain but it doesn't bother me, currently I am too focused on one thing to ca-

"Breaking news, a bomb threat has been detected in the middle of town, at the all famous Survey Corps headquarters. Locals have been evacuated but the entire place is on lockdown with the employees still inside trapped. The rescue team has been sent off to extract them but we are still uncertain of who the bombers are or how much time they have before the bomb sets off."

"What the fuck- OWW!" I try to move but the doctor holds me down.

"Please sir, we're almost done, just a few more seconds"

I try to stay still and silent but I know my leg is twitching the entire time. A few more minutes and we're finished. As soon as I possibly can, I get out and call Hanji, no response, I try calling again but same thing. Then I realise I only have one other person, Christa. I try calling the small blonde and thankfully she picks up.

"Oi Christa, what's going o-" I try to say but...

"Shhhhhh, please keep it quiet, they are here, in the building" she says.

I try to speak lower, "what? Who is?"

"I don't know, but they're here and they have everyone hostage apart from me and Jean. We managed to hide before they could find us"

"Tch shit, ok just stay put, so long as the bombers are inside the bomb won't set off. I'll be there as soon as I can"

At that point I here distant voices on the phone, a familiar voice speaking.

"LEVI ACKERMAN, IF YOU'RE HERE THEN COME OUT AND FACE US. WE HAVE SOMETHING OF VALUE TO YOU THAT IS GOING TO BE DESTROYED UNLESS YOU DO. YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE ASSISTANT WILL BE A DROWNED RAT IN 20 MINUTES UNLESS YOU SOLVE OUR RIDDLE"

They have Mikasa... they are the ones... Mikasa is... she is...

"Levi, did you hear that?" Christa says but I'm only focused on the other voice.

"ALL YOUR LIFE YOU'VE BEEN PLOTTING AGAINST OUR GOALS, AS THE MOST FAMOUS DETECTIVE IN THE WORLD, I WANT YOU TO SOLVE THIS FOR US. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL FIND YOUR PRECIOUS FRIEND WHERE THE RIDDLE TAKES YOU, IF YOU DON'T, THIS ENTIRE OFFICE WILL BE BLOWN UP ALONG WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS, AND MIKASA ACKERMAN WILL BE NO MORE."

So it's true, they have Mikasa! If I'm lucky this will all be a bluff and the task force going to the forest will find her there, but I'll have to play along. "Christa, just get Jean and try to find a way to help the others if you can, I'll solve the riddle."

"AS YOU ALREADY KNOW, TITAN STANDS FOR TASK, IMMINENT, TERROR, ACROSS, NATION. BUT YOU SEEM TO HAVE FAILED TO NOTICE WHAT THOSE WORDS STAND FOR. DO YOU SEE IT NOW? THOSE WORDS SHOULD HAVE A VERY SPECIAL MEANING TO YOU IF YOU PAID ATTENTION."

It's true, I remember these words from somewhere, but it feels like so long since, since...

"DO YOU GET IT NOW, DETECTIVE ACKERMAN? YOU HAD THE ANSWER TO THIS FROM THE BEGINNING. IF ONLY YOU HAD PAID ATTENTION ALL THOSE YEARS AGO"

Years ago, years ago, years ago! But what could it mean? What could it possibly...

~5 years ago~

"ELD! GUNTHER! OLUO!"

"Petra NO!"

"WATCH OUT EREN!"

Fire, explosions, the warehouse, all destroyed, caught in the crossfire. Back on my first case against the Titans, everything was so hectic. Back then... the Titans went by a different name, yet I still remember the words, project Titan...

Project Titan... Project Titan... Project Titan...

Wait, that's it! Project Titan, a small organisation that dealt with firearms years ago! It was discontinued after a terrorist attack and the product was stolen. The crates in the warehouse had their symbol on them, and they were supposed to be transferred to a different warehouse with the code SH23 7JX on the east side... of the city... an abandoned warehouse next to Shiganshina river, but that's on the other side of the forest, I'm not even sure if I can make it there in 20 minutes!

"HAVE YOU FIGURED IT OUT DETECTIVE? CLOCK IS TICKING! AND MIKASA IS DROWNING"

Fuck! I have to go, now! I know exactly what they're doing, the well in the middle of the warehouse, they will let it fill up with water and if I'm not there in time... she'll drown to her death. Yet now that I think about it, that voice could only be one person's, one that was there during the attack, one of the few survivors that would know such a thing...

Eren...

___________________________________
Heyyyyy ladies, gentlemen and everything in between, been a while. Did you miss me? Yall thought I forgot about this story but NO MORE! It is still here and I am still here. I know I know, it's been months but I'm trying to get a consistent schedule eventually. But until then, hope you enjoyed this chapter, thank you all for the continued support and reaching 13k reads and I'll see you all in the next chapter!