A Messy Situation

Levi's POV...

It has been a full day of just work and I was just about done for the day so I decide it was time to head home. I open my office door as I place a cigarette in my mouth and I spot Eren waiting outside my office. I honestly can't be fucked with this kid today so I just pull my coat over me and I start to walk towards the exit. Of course, Eren is too dense to get the message so he comes to talk to me as I light up my little cancer stick. "Good evening Levi, I was hop-" I interrupt him, already fed up with him. "I don't remember giving you permission to call me by my name brat"

"Oh, umm sorry sir, but I was wondering if you want to I go this new restaurant with me. I know you don't usually go out but I saw you were stressed and thought maybe you could come with me?" He blushes and looks at the floor embarrassed. I still don't understand how he hasn't got the memo yet. No wonder he's not getting promoted. "Look brat, I've said it countless times before, I am not here to be your boyfriend so best keep this relationship strictly professional. Got it?" I say as I stare right into his big, emerald eyes.

"You have asked me many times before and the answer is still no. Now get out of my sight" I add.  "Y-yes sir" he manages to blurt out before running away towards the office cafeteria. I pay no attention and just simply walk outside to finish my cigar and go home. While walking down the quiet, empty streets to my house I hear something falling from one of the small alleyways just up ahead. I pay no attention thinking it could just be a stray animal and I continue walking. As I get closer however, I hear more sounds like the one before and people shouting. I get curious so I decide to check what's going on.

As I turn to the alley the noises came from I immediately go hide behind the corner as I see Mikasa backed up by three men against a wall. They were all armed and one had his knife placed against her throat while the others held her by her arms to keep her in place. Shit, she probably won't be able to fight them off with her injuries stopping her. "You think we'll let you go after what you just did little girl?" I hear one of them speak in a crooked voice. "You shouldn't mess with people like us. If we ask you for something then you give us what we want" another one says.

Mikasa just spits in his face and kicks one in the balls as the other two hit her on her ribs making her fall to her knees. Her ribs are probably just about done after all the beating they got. I've seen enough of this bullshit so just as one of them was about to kick her in the head I burst out from the corner as fast as I could and I get their attention. "Oi, shit heads" I shout at them as one turns to face me. Unfortunately for him, his face gets immediately crashed against my leg and onto the wall as I throw a kick as soon as he turns around. The guy falls down and the other two immediately rush after me leaving Mikasa on the floor.

They both take out their blades and I stay in place as I wait for one of them to make a move. And they do. He swings his knife aimlessly trying to cut my throat open but I simply dodge and grab his arm as I grab the knife from his hand and use it to strike him on his bicep. The guy screams in agony as I grab him by his hair and deliver a powerful knee right on his nose making him bleed on the floor. The last guy gets nervous now but decides not to back off as he tries to grab my hand. I knee the idiot on the stomach making him lose his breath and I finally finish him off with a punch right on his temple. He falls right in front o me as I step on his body to go check on Mikasa.

"You alright brat?" I say as I kneel down beside her. She is still holding her ribs in pain but managed to hide the discomfort in her face. Still, I get no response from her. "What were you thinking trying to fight these people in the state you're in?" I add and again nothing. I get fed up with her and I decide to just pick her up off the ground bridal style. As soon as I pick her up she tries to throw herself off me but fails. "I'm taking you to a hospital, just stop resisting" I say getting annoyed at her attempts. "I could've handled it you know" she finally speaks out and now I wish she hadn't. "Oh really? Cause what I saw was you getting beat up badly by them. Now cut the bullshit and stop" I say irritated and she finally decides to listen.

"Good" I say as I start walking towards the nearest hospital. "Just get me to my house, I'm fine" she says in a voice barely above a whisper. "Tch, you think I'm leaving you alone in this state?" I sarcastically say as I give her a subtle smile on my face. "Someone has to take care of your stupid ass" I tell her and she just ignores me and tucks her head in my chest as I walk towards my house.