Making it Official... Sorta

Levi's POV...

Entering the house ready to collapse from exhaustion, I quietly walk towards the kitchen and set down the drinks, now a bit colder than before. The whole house was pitch black, maybe Mikasa is asleep already? Well I guess it is rather late anyway. I go to search the whole house, first floor was empty but the second floor bathroom was being used, the shower was on and I could hear Mikasa softly humming in there. Letting a sigh of relief escape me, I go back downstairs, I take my cup and sit on my comfortable armchair in my living room, drinking my coffee while reading some of the case files.

A lot of the evidence just didn't make sense, the killer really went really far to cover the crime yet I still saw through it with ease. It almost seemed like I had seen something similar to that before but I can't put my finger on it. Something from long ago back when I was in the underground district, but what? I can't remember, it's been 10 years since I was last there. I was 14 when I left, yet something about this murder strikes back further than that.

Reading back on it, some of the techniques I've seen before for certain, the random scarring and misleading evidence, I've seen all of that before. Maybe an old case? Maybe the same person that killed Armin was the same killer, no matter who they are I will...

Mikasa's POV...

I exited the bathroom a couple minutes after I heard Levi walk by. My hair is still soaked and the towel can only do so much so I should ask Levi if he has a blow dryer. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to use one but maybe. I walk down and see the kitchen light is on and a cup was placed on the table. My favourite tea, a bit cold but still warm enough to drink, I smile and take it and go to the living room to sit down. What I saw when I got there however was something I was not expecting in the slightest, sitting in the armchair was Levi, sleeping, with a mug in his hand.

His face looked so peaceful in that moment, his head was balanced on his hand and his legs crossed over each other, the mug ready to slip from his fingers. I smile and walk to him to take the mug and place it on the small table, taking a pillow and setting it behind his head. He must've noticed my presence there, because while I was setting the pillow as gently as possible he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me onto his lap, placing his hands around my body and hugging me close.

I sigh, changed my position to make myself more comfortable and placed my head against his chest, hugging him back. He didn't seem to care and only leaned his head against mine gently. Sitting there together felt... nice, like nothing else mattered but us two. And then something else I wasn't expecting happened.

"Mikasa..." he mumbled slowly. It looks like he's awake after all.

"Yes Levi?" I reply.

"What, does this make us? What do we call this?"

It took me a second to think about it, or 20, but soon I realised what had happened in the past four days, and what it all meant, what he meant to me.

"I guess it means we're together, if you want that"

I couldn't see his face as my head was tucked under his and my eyes were closed but I could feel a smile form on his face. A smile that meant so much coming from him.

"Good" was the only thing he said, and went back to sleep with me in his embrace.

In the morning...

Waking up on the chair with Levi only made me want to stay there longer, just to remember this more, to remember that though this world can be cruel and unforgiving, it is also beautiful. His hands weren't around me anymore, and I didn't feel his head on mine. He must be awake waiting for me. I bat my eyelids a couple of times, feeling them heavy and begging me to close them again, but I opened them still and looked up towards him to see he's sipping a cup of tea and reading.

"Good morning" I say lazily, tucking my head back down against his body.

"Morning" he replied, taking a sip out of his mug.

"How did you get that stuff?" I ask, how could he move me without waking me up?

"You were sound asleep so I just placed you off me for a bit and got up. You didn't even notice"

"Oh..." I say, feeling my face get hotter by the second.

"You look adorable with your hair as such a mess, though I had to change my shirt as it was soaked because of you" he teases.

"Well you dragged me on top of you, and you don't look too bad yourself, mr Ackerman" I tease back.

"Tch, stupid brat" he says and leans forward to meet my lips, feeling soft and tasting of the finest tea imaginable. I kissed him back just as passionately.

After Levi pulled away far enough for us to catch our breath, he asked, "you sure you want to make it official?"

"I don't think I could not want to when faced with humanity's greatest detective. Though we can take it at our own pace, no need to attract more attention to ourselves"

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Yeah, I agree with that. It's none of those damn brats business anyways"

"Be nice, some of those 'brats' are my friends and family"

"Doesn't make them any less annoying, especially that Jaeger brat, he won't stop bothering me"

"Eren? He just admires you a lot. When we were still in university together he wouldn't stop talking about how much he wants to be like you. Take it as a compliment"

"Tch, he is a delusional weirdo is what he is, he still thinks we're together even after every rejection I've thrown him"

"If it makes you feel better I'll talk to him. We're siblings after all, he'll listen to me"

"So long as you get him off my ass"

"Hey!" I say and elbow him playfully. "He's still my family, so you two better get along"

"Yeah yeah, just talk to him and tell him to leave me alone"

"I will, don't worry about him, he's harmless" and though at the time I truly believed that, it would soon prove to be the biggest mistake of my life.

___________________________________

I know, crazy right? 3 chapters in 2 days?!? Unbelievable! Well believe it bitches, cause there will be more soon enough and all the mysteries will one day have to be solved. Hope you enjoyed and I'll see you on the next one...