A Horrible Day For Rain

Ok, it's been a long time coming, I know I've held up on this for a while BUT, the ending is finally here. I wanna give my thanks to all of those who have supported and stayed with my work over all this time, and I hope you enjoy the finale of this fanfic. This will be a longer chapter than the rest so make sure you're strapped in one last time. Thanks again to all my reads, hope you enjoy.

________________________________

Mikasa's POV...

This bag over my head makes it difficult to breathe. But I can see light shine through it. It hurts to keep my eyes open as I pull the bag off and... a wall... not just a wall, but a circled wall. I look up to where the light is coming from. It's late afternoon, and I'm in a well.

My feet are cuffed to the bottom with long chains. And there's something else. What are these strange markings on the walls around me. They look poorly drawn but I can somewhat understand them to be instructions. For what, I'm not sure.

As I examine the markings, I hear a strange sound, almost like a rusty tap being turned on. And then water starts to flow in the well, soaking me and almost drowning me as it falls from the heavens. I am being slowly drowned in this well.

I look at the markings once more, seeing the instructions and the reading a small code.

R2 Y4 B3 G1.

Levi's POV...

'I'm almost there, just a bit more and I'll find you Mikasa. I swear it, I'll be there in time. Let me be there in time.'

About half a kilometre away from the well, I hear noise in the trees around me, an ambush. The perfect place to do it too. In an abandoned forest on the side of the city. Unfortunately I sent all my troops to the bomb site. As far as I know they have surrounded the building and Christa, along with Jean and some of the others managed to escape. Hanji though...

No, this isn't the time, things will be just fine. Right now I need to find Mikasa.

More Titans fall from the trees as they surround me. Yet none of Kenny's forces are to be seen. Good, this will be quick then. I look around at the soon to be corpses and smirk before going all out, and within seconds of slashing and stabbing, I continue to run as I hear the last body drop to the floor behind me.

I can see the well in the distance. I just hope I'm not too late. I can't be, I got here as fast as I could. Yet when I reach the edge all I see is...

Mikasa's POV...

Ugh, the water just won't stop. It's gone to the point that I can float quite far up, albeit with difficulty due to the chains. I can't consistently keep my head above the water's surface for too long so I have to rely on my breath holding abilities to stay alive as long as possible.

In the distance, I hear some noise, gunshots but also the whistling of air as if a blade is flying through it in a deafening spin. Levi? Is it really you? I try to speak but I fall back underwater as if pulled by the chains. I look down to see the chains being reeled in to the bottom, it's trying to keep me underwater. Due to the surprise, I didn't get a good breath before going under, and I'm already feeling like I'm drowning. I look back towards the water's surface as my eyesight starts to fade into darkness, and the last thing I see is a dark shadow over me and ripples in the water.

I wake up to the sound of a voice. A familiar, stoic voice. One that ever so slightly, has a bit of urgency in it. I try to open my eyes but it's difficult to make out anything past the shadow over my body. Until I notice them. Those exhausted, majestic, ocean blue eyes. It was Levi holding me. He was truly still alive.