The Hidden Secrets

Alexa woke the next morning covered by Smok's wing. she moved his wing slightly but managed to wake him.

"How are you Alexa?" He questioned.

"I do not like my mind right now." Alexa said as she stood to her feet and made her way back up to the castle.

Smok flew off into the village and noticed Lena and Sam walking. When finding a clear patch, Smok landed, stopping Lena and Sam in their tracks.

"Smok what is wrong?" Lena questioned.

"I fear that Alexa is falling into a depression." And with that, the two climbed onto Smok's back and flew back to the castle.

When they arrived at the castle, Lena and Sam ran through the castle and into the throne room. When they opened the doors, they saw Alexa but they were unfamiliar with this Alexa. Alexa wasn't even dressed as the queen they all knew. She had he old black shirt on along with her ripped black jeans and scuffed black boots. Her hair was placed into the messiest of buns. Alexa was just satin her throne with a goblet of wine in her hand.

Lena looked at Sam and gave him a sympathetic look. "Go and get Logan and Dorian."

Sam did as commanded and teleported off to find the two men. Lena walked over to Alexa and placed a hand on her hand but was shocked when Alexa pulled away so suddenly.

"Alexa what happened?" Lena spoke softly.

Alexa stayed silent, not once looking up from the goblet of wine to look at the woman she loved.

"Alexa, please talk to me."

But still, Alexa never answered.

Sam came walking through the doors with Logan and Dorian close behind. The two men walked up to Alexa and crouched down in front of her.

"Alexa, can you hear me?" Logan spoke.

Alexa just blinked in acknowledgement, the rest of her body still except for the rise and fall of her chest that showed she was still alive even if she felt like she wasn't. Just then, Lee came through the door with Frankie at his side. Seeing the look his mother was giving, he ran over to her without thinking, he placed his arms around his mother and hugged her tight. Alexa returned the gesture and hugged her son as tightly as possible, not ever wanting to let go. A few silent tears fell and then Alexa completely broke.

"Mother shush. It's okay. I am here." Lee spoke softly as he stroked his mother's hair.

"I have lost so much Lee. I can't loose no more. I can't loose you." Alexa cried.

"You will never loose me. I am your dragon. I will never leave you." Lee whispered.

Frankie smiled seeing how Lee and Alexa were so close that nobody but Lee could save the queen from her torment. Lee moved slightly to look at his mother. He placed his hands either side of his mother's face and wiped away the few stray tears that had escaped the once so magical blue eyes that are now dull orbs.

"I will never leave you. I am still here and so is Lena. We are not going anywhere." lee spoke as he lifted his mother's chin up.

Alexa smiled but this it faded just as quick as it came.

"I know all of this hurts. I know, I feel it too. I have lost a true friend, a mum, a brother and dragons too. But as much as this hurts, you have to move past this. Nothing is permanent." Lee spoke.

"And that is what scares me. Nothing is permanent." Alexa spoke, looking into her son's eyes.

Alexa looked around her and saw Lena. She walked over to her and hugged her. "Can we talk?"