Chapter 8|•

The next day I woke up blinded by the sun light....or maybe by the sunset. Although the sun was setting, its rays were still pretty bright, or maybe bright enough to interrupt my peaceful sleep.

I got up and cleaned a bit around the area I had slept the last night. I also got some instant rice getting ready as I was adjusting myself to the new day.

While I was waiting for the food to be cooked, I decided to take a shower,with cold water of course, but I didn't mind since it was another hot sunny day and I had already started sweating like crazy just by walking around.

Finishing my shower I wore the same clothes which I had enough time to wash and dry. I got off the shower, feeling fresh and ready to face whatever could occur-- No ...actually, I wasn't ready. I was starving and quickly realized, a cup of instant rice wouldn't help much with my hunger.

As soon as I got dressed and dried my hair, I grabbed the cup of rice and a protein bar I had saved the last day for after the practice, a bottle of water and headed outside.

I started walking when I thought i should have my lunch-dinner (or whatever....I don't know anymore) to the rooftop.

I quickly jogged up the stairs and when I finally got up I sat down and started eating, admiring the breathtaking view of the sun setting behind the tall buildings of Tokyo, painting the sky with gorgeous pink and orange colors
Like a game between the colors and the clouds.

'Game' I thought to myself....
Should I take advantage of my visa not expiring for an other two days and sit in to rest or should I play an other game tonight as well?

Are there even games taking place evey day? I don't know...
What if today's game was more difficult than the previous one?
And what if I didn't make it? Was this my last day alive?

Fuck!! Stop thinking like that Y/N!
I commanded myself.
I ate the food I had prepared, not thinking about anything for a couple minutes. Just enjoying the food and staring blankly at the horizon.

Before I realized it got dark and thought I should decide quickly whether I'd join an other game or not.

After finishing the food and preparing myself mentally for tonight, I made my way out of the building, waiting for a sign to appear. Like last night....

'How could the three boys from yesterday be?' I thought to myself as I was walking around the empty roads of Tokyo.

It was then that I was walking past a neighborhood, patiently waiting for something to happen, when I noticed a bright light coming from an apartment complex.

Quickly realizing that must be the location of tonight's game, I headed towards the light.

Less than 5 minutes later, I was standing out of a tall building, in which all the floors were catered by electricity. 'So they only provide electricity whenever a game takes place' I thought to myself, confusing the hell out of me.

TOEI SENDAGAYA

Was written on of the apartment's entrance with fading letters. I stood there a few good seconds to process the area. The building had 8 floors and all of its rooms had blue doors.

'Interesting' I thought, as I made my way through the entrance. As I jolted my head up, I saw 6 people already standing there with a phone on their hands.

Some stared at me in horror as I was getting closer, some others just shot a glimpse at me and one specific guy, didn't even bother to notice my presence.

As soon as I arrived at the 'waiting haul', I noticed a table with phones on it and a paper with "one per person" written on it. 'Like last night's game' I thought, remembering the resembles from the first game I played.

I grabbed a phone and went to the other side of the haul, waiting for the game to start.

I leaned against the wall and brought the phone close to my face.

'Facial recognition in progress
Please wait a moment'

The phone lit up and scanned my face, counting my presence in the game. While, I waited for other players to come I looked a bit around, observing the existing players.

There were two high school girls in their uniforms with a school bag hanging from their shoulders, a middle aged man dressed in business clothes, an other man in a suit and weird..kinda funny hat, which even waved at me, an old lady also dressed in office clothes and .... and a white hooded guy with white/silver-ish long hair.... that one caught my attention for some reason so I checked him out a bit more, noticing a little gadget he was charging in a fuse below him.

Seeing all of these people in front of me made me think that some have come more prepared and others seem like they don't even know what is about to happen.

That could only mean one thing...
Evey one comes in this world on different times, making some of them more experienced.

Well, I myself am a newbie but also a fast learner.

Few seconds later I saw two familiar figures approaching. It was Karube and Arisu!
Arisu was about to come up to me to talk when Karube grabbed his arm, dragging him away.
I simply waved at both of them, recieving a wave from Arisu and a cold look from Karube. He is so strange, what is wrong with him anyway?

As I was imagining punching Karube in the face, a girl passed the game's invisible lesser lines and grabbed a phone right away. 'She is one of the experienced ones' I thought. She seemed well adjusted and aware of her surroundings, yet she had a strict/demanding look on her face.

As I was observing the girl, two other men entered the game, kinda scaring me with their entrance as they passed right in front of me and I didn't see them coming.

They also grabbed a phone, one each and sit in the middle of the haul, hands crossed on their chests while they waited for the game to begin.

Two more experienced ones...great.
For now I was only sure for 4 of them, these 4 people are the ones I should be most afraid and cautious of if I don't want to die.