Chapter 10|•

The four of us rushed up the stairs, panting frantically, not that we were tired or something...but we for sure were on edge.

Before we could decide on our next move, we heard heavy footsteps approaching from the staircase. The Tagger must have heard us as we tried to flee from the previous floor.

We all froze and kept our gazes locked to the staircase, not daring to move an inch. It was then, that I made eye contact with the freaky horse mask.

I gasped and felt a hand pulling me away as I was watching the tagger lifting up the hand that was holding the machine gun, aiming at me.

Karube pulled me away and into the elevator to the top floor, while Arisu and the other man ran away from the other side of the building.

The elevator doors opened and I threw myself out,  holding my chest from the shock. It was then that we heard gun shots...I looked at Karube, who had now saved me for the second time today, and I saw him looking anxious. We both leaned on the rail of the floor, bending our heads down to see who the victim might have been this time, trying not to jump in conclusions.

Suddenly Arisu appeared running from around the corner, jogging down a few floors. The Tagger was now a floor below us, and I mean literally below us, while Arisu was 3 floors below on the other side of the building.

The Tagger had a clear aim at Arisu and bent down the rail a little  before shooting at him. It was pointless, Arisu had hidden down a wall, there was no way for the tagger to shoot him, nor for Arisu to escape.

I found it weird that the tagger kept aiming at Arisu, he could have just given up and try finding an other player to kill. Like the cold white haired guy who was standing just a few meters away from the tagger on the same floor as us. Is he ignoring him or......

It suddenly hit me....the Tagger's weak point was his bad vision. It's all thanks to that freaky/huge horse mask.

"Guys the tagger is on the 6th floor, he has bad vision, so we can tell each other where he is anytime". Karube was trying to shush me by pulling me down to hide ourselves.

I was about to finally punch that brat when the hooded guy came up on us.
"Good job princess, but I don't think anyone is dumb enough to care" he exclaimed coldly, kind of looking down at me.

"The Tagger is coming down to the 1st floor" a female voice was heard. It must  be the sporty girl, I thought.

I bent down once again and saw the tagger aiming at the business man who was now running for his life. In his attempt to escape, he screamed "I'm quiting, I'm done" and tried to get out of the building by jumping off the rails.
Red lessers came down the sky and hit him instantly. I stood there in shock and tried to calculate how many players were left at this point.

7 more players...

I tilted my head to the right and noticed both Karube and the hooded guy were now gone.
"The Tagger is moving to the 4th floor" Arisu's voice echoed through the whole building.

"5 minutes left"

A voice spoke through the speakers.
I decided to go down the 6th floor where the tagger had been shooting non stop at Arisu earlier.

I made my way there and stood there for  a good few seconds trying to figure out why the tagger was protecting the door right in front of the shooting spot.

"That must be the safe zone" I thought out loud.
"You're a smart one princess" the white haired guy approached me calmly, hands hanging in his pockets.
"Are you opening the door or what?" He said. Not wanting to deal with anyone's madness at the moment, I opened the door and slowly stepped in, the guy following from behind.

There was another room in there and everything was dark, I could barely see in front of me, when I felt a hand dragging me away.
"CAREFUL!!"
The guy screamed and I heard gunshots right next to my ear, realizing there is not only one tagger.

Arisu must have figured out the safe zone too because within seconds he got there and tried to keep the tagger busy with the hooded guy so I can clear the game. I entered the dark room as the two if them were fighting with the tagger, when I noticed two red buttons up the walls.

I need one more person for this. I opened the window and shouted.
"The safezone is on the 6th floor, someone please come, I can't clear the game alone".
Few seconds past and the short haired girl landed on the window.
"You called?" She said.
And as I felt relieved, I felt a sudden pain from behind my head and fell down. Next thing I know the tagger is on top of me, aiming ready to shoot me.
Arisu fell on the tagger, punching it hard.
"Hey!!" The white haired guy said and threw a little gadget at my direction. I immediately stood up and approached the tagger, hitting it with electricity.

10, 9 ,8...

The countdown had started. Both Arisu and the girl jumped and hit the buttons at the same time as the tagger was laying on the floor, half unconscious.

The both of them cleared the game just in time.

"Congratulations, you have cleared the game"

I left out a deep breath from relief, when I noticed the tagger moving.
It sat up against the wall and put off the mask, revealing a middle aged woman, looking right into our eyes terrified.
The collar she was wearing started beeping fast and then.....

It exploded....