Chapter 9|•

Game:
" A Game Of Tag"

"Five or spades"

Clear Condition:
"Discover the safe zone hidden in one of the buildings' rooms, within the time limit. The game will be cleared when this objective is fulfilled. If you don't find the safe zone within the time limit, a hidden bomb will explode"

Time Limit:
"20 minutes"

The registration had closed and there were 13 participants in total.
"Spades? What is that supposed to mean?" Arisu thought out loud enough to be heard by all participants.
The guy the with the weird looking hat, approached him and Karube with a smile plastered on his face.

"A mark on a trump card signifies the game's genre" the man exclaimed with hands on his hips, when he had finally made his way up to the two friends.
The man continued, "club refers to team battles, diamond is a game of wits and the most troublesome..." he made a little pause to look around as if he wanted his next words to be kept secret amongst them.
"It's the heart cards, a game of betrayal where you play with people's hearts"

I was in a good enough distance from Arisu and the man and in fact I heard everything that was said, without them noticing I've been doing so.

"Good job Y/N!" I thought to myself, rewarding me for what I had managed to learn.

"The game will now commerce"

The voice spoke through the phones' speakers. I noticed the strict, short-haired girl stretching.
"Right, this is a game of speed..."
Honestly,  I wasn't worried about it since I knew that my physical condition may not be perfect but it's for sure good enough to win this game....or that's what I wanted to believe.

5 minutes were given to eveytone to walk around the building and find a good starting point, more like hiding spot till the game officially started.

The more inexperienced players started running up and down, panicking about where to hide, causing a mess among the other participants. Soon we all separated to different floors.

I decided to start off from the 7th floor so that I have the chance to observe the players and where the tagger would start off. I saw the white hooded white walking through the right alleys of the 7th floor as well.

"Hm we got a smart one right there" I thought to myself, looking kinda impressed. He got to the corner of the floor, leaned on the rail crossing his arms and waited to see how other participants would react once the game had started.

"The Tagger is on the move"

The voice spoke, announcing that the game had officially started. I tried not to panick and leaned over the rail like the cold looking guy in hope to see something...anything.

The whole arena got silent, as if everyone was holding their breathes.
Soon the sound of the elevator bell was heard and the door opened, appearing the Tagger.

It must be a male if I judge by his silhouette, as he was 7 feet tall and well built. I noticed he was holding a gun on his right hand. He stepped out of the elevator and looked both sides before he start moving. Not to mention the creepy as hell horse mask he was wearing.

He started walking slowly on the 4th floor and when he finally turned around the corner he was no longer visible from my spot. Not many seconds past and gun shots were heard.
I jumped, wided eyed and tried to look over where the shots were heard.

Suddenly the tagger came back and made his way to the elevator.
"He must want to change floor" I said silently, yet loud enough for the white hooded guy to hear me. I looked over him, he just threw me a glare, scoffing a little at me and turned his glare to the other floors again.

I looker over the elevator next to me to see whether the arrow would sign up or down. The elevator doors closed and the tagger pushed the button to an upper floor, which made me panick and swear out loud. I didn't think if it twice and headed down the stairs to the 3rd floor, making sure the tagger and had bug enough distance.
I picked through one of the corners to see where the tagger was. He had gone to the 6th floor where he found the two middle school girls and killed them instantly. The guy from before caught my attention as I saw him nodding witha blank face at the scene.

"Is he enjoying that? What kind of psycho reacts like that to a murder?"
I thought as I was catching my breath from literally running 4 floors down.

I turned my attention to the tagger, who were no more visible. The elevator still indicated the 7th floor which mean he had moved, using the stairs. Not wanting to risk it, I jogged down one floor, head looking down when suddenly I bumped into something and fell down.

"Are you crazy? Shut the fuck up!" I titled my head up, feeling a little dizzy and saw the "something" I had pumped onto. It was Karube, Arisu was standing next to him and offered me a hand, helping me to get up while throwing angry glares at Karube for speaking like that. The man with the funny hat was right was following them right behind.

"What happened" Arisu asked me.
" The Tagger was on the 6th floor and I have a feeling he is coming down by stairs"

Before anyone could react Karube put me against the wall, covering my body with his and put his hand on my mouth so that I don't make any noise.
We could hear heavy footsteps approaching and we hid ourselves as much as we could.

I could feel my heart beating fast in my chest from how close my body was to Karube's. The Tagger passed by us not noticing our presence. I didn't have enough to feel relieved and gun shots were heard again.

Arisu took the chance to run on an upper floor, signaling us to follow, now that the tagger had his attention somewhere else. I pushed Karube off of me angrily and followed Arisu.