Chapter IX- Fall Apart

[Austin's POV]

The lights have flickered out.

Huh? Why did the lights go off? It's not even 3AM though? Unless...

No time thinking about it. I should be prepare for another attack. I'm guessing the assassin will come kill me now.

I should still be safe, since the medic is protecting me. The murderer don't know who the medic is anyways, unless-

*creak*

"You're here again." I muttered as I tightened my grip on the knife.

"Ready for round two?" The murderer asked.

"Just die already." I rushed to the murderer.

Expecting to be evaded, I pulled a fake out and kicked the murderer. Seems it's not enough to make the murderer flinch.

"Kinda underhanded move, huh?" The murderer sighed.

"I wonder why didn't you accuse me even though clearly you know who I am already." The murderer added.

"You did a bad move by not getting me killed by the assassin. I'm still protected by the medic, you know?" I grinned.

"If killing you won't work, I'll have you kill yourself." The murderet laughed.

"Even if you do kill me, you'll get exposed sooner or later." I grinned as we exchange attacks with marks that never land.

"Let me guess, the journal. As if I'll let anyone else have it." The murderer sighed.

"I expected much, so I actually have someone hold it for me."

"Is that so? I can just order the assa—" I interrupted the murderer.

"That won't work." I laughed.

"Even if the medic gets killed tonight, I'd still get healed and survive all this." I added.

"... So you got everything planned out, huh?" The murderer didn't respond quickly.

"I might actually be in trouble."

Huh? Is the murderer this dumb? I mean, attacking me again is a reckless move since the murderer already knows I'm protected by the medic. When we were investigating, did we try

Knowing my plan is actually working, I'm feeling confident enough to end this.

[Medic's POV]

"I-I-It's YOU?!" I exclaimed as I saw her approaching me with a knife. I feel dizzy for some odd reason. My body's heating up, even though I was feeling fine just a while ago.

"No use struggling. You're witched." The murderer stated.

"P-Pleas—" I collapsed as I lost my balance. My body feels heavy.

"Your time's up." The murderer uttered.

"Please... don't..." I stuttered, begging for my life.

"Don't worry, it'll only hurt for a little." The murderer stared right in front of me as I—

[Detective's POV]

"Ohhh? Last night, you were too eager to fight me. What happened now? All bark and no bite? Pathetic." The murderer laughed.

"AHHH!" I screamed as the murderer stabbed my left hand.

Tchhh— What's happening? How did I get injured by the murderer? The medic should have healed me. Don't tell me—

"Tell me who's the medic or I might just spare you."

I didn't respond, as I try to catch my breath.

I feel weak... just like always... I was never able to fight for everything I wanted to protect. I'm just a coward who thought killing the murderer would end everything. Even I asked the medic to heal me just so I can corner him. I'm really pathetic, aren't I?