Chapter 3: Revelations and Pitfalls part 1

The MBC came to attack a library in the previous chapter. Can Iku and Tezuka perform their new job successfully? Will they stop the MBC? Find out!

Iku Kasahara

"I thought you said you weren't dating any of the book trash in here," One of the MBC Agents sneers.

"I'm not." Tezuka answers, face impassive, "You were leaving?"

"Uh, no. You're going to have to make us!"

Tezuka immediately knees that agent in the groin. "Take them out, I'll protect the bystanders." He hesitates, looking contemplative. Then he grabs my arm, pulling me closer. He whispers in my ear. "There's a reporter. Make the fight look good."

I blink and catch a glimpse of a camera nearby, on record. Instantly, I realized why Tezuka was raising such a debacle over the MBC treatment of the desk workers. Usually, Tezuka would have gone straight to fighting without taking as much time to talk. By talking, he had gotten the MBC agents to reveal some of their worst behavior. On camera! There were times that Tezuka was awesome!

Tezuka grabs the girl who was being harassed by the MBC agent and vaults over the desk to get to some of the desk workers there. He has them duck and then draws his pistol. He aims it at a man next to me and fires. I kick a man in the head, one whose own gun was aimed at Tezuka. One man aims a gun at me but is quickly taken down by a perfect shot aimed between his eyes.

Tezuka and I have been partners for only three weeks and already we work in perfect tandem.

Until a new player enters the battleground. Neither Tezuka nor I noticed her until she held her blade to my throat. She's behind me, so I can't see her face, but I feel her head turn to Tezuka, her silky voice speaking my language in a thick, irish accent. "Lay down your arms, and I will release her,"

Tezuka scowls for one, long, dangerous moment before throwing down his gun. "Fine,"

The girl releases me, but at the same time, she throws the blade at the news reporter. Luckily, Tezuka had been looking out for a double-cross and launched himself at the young woman, landing on top of her. His body hunches protectively, and I feel an odd sense of jealousy. The young reporter blushes. I spot the desk girls staring at her in jealousy. Well, it looked like Tezuka had his own share of fans.