Chapter 4: A Kidnapping part 1

Well, Tezuka was shot and now they've been taken by some unknown woman with unknown motives. What will happen to them now? Will Tezuka bleed out? Let's find out.

Hikaru Tezuka

"I'll go with you. Don't kill him." Iku exclaims. She stares at the woman behind me, her gun against my head. Her horror is evident.

"Good girl! I've long thought you two cared for each other, more than coworkers. Possibly more than friends ... but then I also thought Kasahara liked Dojo." The woman's voice sounds sad. I can't see her face, but I'll bet that it wore a mocking smile.

"We aren't ... more than ... friends," I try to raise my voice, but still, it sounds no more than a whisper.

"REAL-ly," Definitely mocking "So you don't care for her more than you would a friend? I could have sworn you did."

I want to dissuade her. I want to say I didn't care for Iku as more than a friend, but to lie to her would be to lie to Iku, my only friend and someone who deserves my trust. "I've never had ... a friend ... before. I ... wouldn't ... know ... how to tell ... if I feel ... anything more."

"Do you think you do?"

I have no reply. My only chance was to change the topic. I manage to wheeze out a reply, "Do ... you think ... you can finish ... kidnapping ... us ... before ... I ... bleed out?"

"Fine. Kasahara, come. I have my own car."

Iku walks towards me, slipping underneath my arm. She grunts under my weight. "I'm ... sorry," I murmur. I attempt to take my own weight, gasping in pain.

"No, don't worry," Iku says, her face effusing kindness. "I can handle it."

I groan. "No ... I'll ..." I can't say anything else or I'd fall unconscious due to blood loss.

"You're really stubborn, you know that,"

You shouldn't have agreed. You could have escaped. She might have left me alive.

Iku pulls me into the car, with blacked out windows that prevent us from looking outside. The woman throws a first aid kit into the back where Iku and I are. Iku thanks her, really? She was the one who shot me in the first place. If it had hit you, you'd be dead.