Chapter 5: The Truth part 1

Previously: While performing their new duties, Tezuka and Kasahara managed to get themselves kidnapped by a woman with unknown motives. What will happen next!

Iku Kasahara

I push against Tezuka's wound. I hope I wasn't hurting him. The bleeding slows to a trickle and then stops entirely.

Tezuka nods, "Sanitize it."

I pour the entire bottle of cleaning alcohol over his wound. "Like that?"

"Ack!" Tezuka exclaims, wincing. "Not that much, Iku. You were supposed to pour it onto a cloth or something first."

"Oh." I blush, embarrassed. "Oops,"

Tezuka sighs, "Now bandage it."

"Got it!" I salute and grab the bandages. I begin to wrap it around the wound carefully and awkwardly.

Finally done, I fold it in and cut the wrap.

"Well ... done, ... Iku." Tezuka wheezes.

"Why do you call me that?" I ask, suddenly. "Iku, I mean, rather than Kasahara."

He looks at me for a long moment. "I don't know. Would you rather I called you Kasahara-chan or ...?"

"Iku is fine." I mutter.

"Alright, then."

"You still didn't answer my question though. Why?"

He stops and considers. "I guess it is because you're my first friend. I thought that meant ..." He shrugs, "I don't know what I thought it meant."

"First friend, huh?"

"Yes."

"Can I call you Hikaru?" I ask.

"Sure." He whispers.

"What do you think will happen to us, Hikaru?"