Chapter 8 - Bright Advice

Test Tube's POV :
When I got home, I went straight to my room and locked the door. I sat behind the door curled up, covering my face in my arms. My face was very red. The only person on my mind was Fan. Only him. And all I remember is when he spent time with me and then kissed me.

He kissed me for the second time, on the forehead. Is it normal that we're just friends doing stuff like this?

This never-ending feeling of happiness and strangeness. Judging from what I've been through these past few days, you can say that I'm in love?

I shook my head and then gave a slap in the face. Then, I leaned against the wall, staring at the ceiling. I slowly moved my hand to my chest, feeling my heart beating fast. I closed my eyes and felt the wind blow gently through my hair.

Honestly, I've never felt anything like this. Stomach filled with butterflies, a heart that beats fast, flustered, and couldn't stop thinking about him. How many times do I have to describe all of this? Even I can explain this over and over again.

A few minutes after I contemplated, I heard a knock on my door. A little bit, I started to wonder who came here. I slowly got up to open the door. Standing up with a cheerful smile it turned out to be Lightbulb. Excitedly, she hugged me very tightly.

"HEY TUBE!" She greeted. She then ran and started jumping up and down on my bed. I looked at her still childish behavior with stress. Thinking about why at this not young age she still acts like one.

"Do you know? Paintbrush said they were going to take part in an international art competition. Well, I don't know what that is. So I'm going to sleep over at your house!" She explained. I sat on a chair close to my study table while tidying up my book.

"About that... The principal, Mr. MePhone4, also enrolled me in an international science competition. So in three days, I'll be gone." I explained in a slightly disappointed tone.

"Shouldn't you be happy?"

"I just wanted to experience social life for a while. I realize now, that I rarely talk to people." I replied, in that second, I felt something. A feeling that reminds me of someone.

"You sure it's not about Fan?"

His name again. At that moment, the silence began. The atmosphere was so quiet. I felt like I was talking to myself, wondering if it was true or not. "W-What do you mean...?" I slowly asked her. She then lay down and looked up at the ceiling. Her eyes were filled with very sincere feelings.

"Isn't what I said still not enough for you? Or should I explain again? You're in love, Test Tube." Lightbulb replied as my eyes widened slightly.

"You won't admit it. You still have doubts about it but you better think again. Didn't all those things mean nothing to you?" She continued then slowly sit up.

I looked down at the floor with the doubt still in me. My mind goes back to every time I spend with him. Honestly, that moment was really fun and I felt really happy. I returned to reality and still didn't answer her question. I then took out my notebook. Minding my own business.

"Tube, maybe you don't really understand or even accept your feelings now. But believe me, you are in love." Her face softened. At the end of her sentence, her voice lowered indicating that what she said was the truth.

Yeah... I love him. Love at first sight. It all makes sense now and I'm totally in love. I consider him more than a friend.

"You once explained to me what love is. Then, how does love feel?" I asked in curiosity as I smiled slightly. She giggled a little after hearing my question but soon she just smiled gently.