Chapter 16 - Here Always

Third Person POV :
"H-Hello?" Test Tube picked up the ringing phone, answered it with a little sob. She walked away from the school building, ignoring the cold air that made her shiver.

"Love? Where are you?" He asked with concern. For a few seconds of complete silence, she didn't answer a word. She was afraid of making her boyfriend worry, Fan had done so many things for her. She was afraid, afraid of burdening him.

"I'll pick you up, wait for me. Don't walk alone, it's not good for a woman to walk alone at night." He said bluntly, he already knew where Test Tube was. This was because Paintbrush told him earlier.

"You don't have to protect me. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can't protect myself-"

"I'm not protecting you because you're a woman. I'm protecting you because you're my woman." He stated, making the green-haired girl touched. She didn't realize that tears were slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"I already told your parents that today you will stay at my house. Besides, my mother is really waiting for you. I'll arrive in 5 minutes. I love you, bye." He hung up the call.

A few moments later

In less than 5 minutes, Fan had picked her up and put her on a jacket to keep her warm. On the way home, she was just lost in thought as many thoughts ran through her mind. Fan wanted to open the conversation but seeing her so lost, he thought better of it.

When he arrived at the his house, his mother welcomed her with great warmth. She immediately hugged the girl as if she were her own child. Fan couldn't help but smile, lost in the familial affection his mother gave his girlfriend.

"It's so good to see you again, sweetheart!" She said kissing Test Tube's forehead. "Fan keeps talking about you almost every day!" She teased cheerfully.

"Thank you, Mrs. Windrick." She thanked almost like whispering. This made Fan's mother worried. "Are you sick, honey?" She immediately asked softly. Test Tube shook her head as a no, but his mother didn't believe her.

"Get some rest, sweetie. Fan, please take care of her, okay?" Said his mother, patting her only child on the shoulder. Fan nodded in understanding, then took Test Tube to his room.

"Are you having problems today...? Remember I'm here for you, love." Fan dries Test Tube's hair, it looks childish but Fan is the one who insists. He then rested his head on the girl's shoulder, placing his hands on her waist. Hugging her as tightly as possible from behind.

The boy's warmth soothed her soul, his presence made Test Tube feel comfortable. She slowly tried to ease her mind in the warm embrace. Gently, Fan gave her a small kiss on the cheek. This made the girl amused and giggled a little.

"Mind telling me now?" He asked as she nodded. He knew that she was his and he was hers. He's ready to listen no matter what made her struggle.

"Fan... Before you came to our school, I was bullied. And it went on for a long time, no one believed what I said apart from Paintbrush. They were the only person who helped me at that time." She began to explain, she was surprised that she dared to discuss things about her past.

"At first it was just a small hate, but as time went by rumors spread rapidly. I was labeled as a student who deserved to d-die..." Her words started to break down into sobs.

Fan's eyes widened, he immediately rushed in front of the girl and hugged her, letting her head rest on his chest.

He didn't think that what Test Tube had endured all this time could be that bad.

"They knew, Fan. They knew my private information... And that's about my struggle with s-social anxiety. They started making fun of my appearance and laughing at my mental condition, even more..." Her words had started to break down into tears.