Chapter 12 - About Her

Third Person POV :
"Morning Miss Ethylene. There's a novel delivery for you." The dormitory staff's voice called softly. The girl woke up from her sleep and went straight to the door.

Her eyes were puffy, her hair was messy and her face was very pale. Her walking was also very unsteady.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door. She saw a woman bringing her a cart of novels. So many novels. Test Tube rubbed her eyes to settle her vision. The woman in front of her was smiling at first but seeing the condition of the young girl in front of her, she immediately became anxious.

"Miss? Are you okay?" The staff asked with concern. With a sorrowful gaze, the young girl smiled weakly then nodded. "I hope you get better again... Here are many of the latest novels from Mr. Windrick. He left a message for you that he will come today..." The woman smiled at Test Tube.

"Young lady, is he your boyfriend? He really cares about you." Said the woman in front of her. "N-No... He's not my boyfriend. But, he's a good f-friend." Test Tube answered haltingly.

"Ah, I see... Luckily there are no tests or meetings today so you can rest. Alright, I'll excuse myself. Take care, sweetheart." The staff said understandingly and then left.

Test Tube pulled the cart into her dorm and placed it beside her desk. She then sat on the bed and leaned back. The girl took one of the books at random.

"All of these novels look tempting to read, maybe later..." Test Tube sighed as she put the novel back. She then took a letter that was at the top of the pile of novels.

 She then took a letter that was at the top of the pile of novels

A few moments later

"Test?" Her friend's cheerful voice called her name from in front of the dorm door. Once even twice Lightbulb knocked on the door. But unfortunately there was no answer.

"HEY 'TUBE!" Out of nowhere, she entered Test Tube's dorm even though the door was closed. At first Lightbulb looked happy, then she was worried to see her friend looking pale like a sick person.

"O-Oh, hey Lightbulb..." She replied weakly then closed her eyes and turned over to sleep again.

"Are you alright? You don't look okay..."

Before she had time to finish her question, her friend was fast asleep with snot running down her nose.

"Ew... She has a cold, I should make hot tea for her." Lightbulb cleaned Test Tube's nose with a tissue then compressed her head with a warm cloth. "I guess that'll work." She went to make hot tea.

"Holy shit. You have lots of food!" She quickly took quite a lot for her to eat. Test Tube didn't have a problem with that because she knew Lightbulb had to eat a lot.

After finishing eating, she then gave Test Tube the hot tea she had made. As she was giving Test Tube hot tea, someone opened the door without knocking first.