Chapter 14 - Serotonin

Test Tube's POV :
He tightly held my hand the entire way home. Not letting me get away from him, he even clung to me. We didn't look at each other, but I knew he didn't want me to get hurt.

Letting the sound of the wind and vehicles pass by, and here we are, quiet. Forgetting what happened as if nothing had happened. However, I clearly remember what he said. If only I was brave enough to question that.

Please, say it again.

"H-Hey... Fan?" He stopped in his tracks when he heard my call. He didn't turn around, which made me sad. I waited for him for a while, but he didn't answer.

A minute to a few moments later, he continued his steps and pulled me. Without saying a word, he continued walking. I let go of his grip, he was shocked.

Finally, Fan directed his gaze to me. He looked nervous, desperately trying to calm himself down. He swallowed hard, and could only give up.

"Why are you avoiding me...? Did I do something wrong? Please, tell me..." I finally asked him. I felt bitter when I questioned that. He then panicked, immediately hugged me tightly.

Slowly, I rested myself in his arms. I hugged him back, not thinking about anything else and just feeling warmth. After a few minutes, I loosened the hug a little but then backed away and looked at him.

"I'm not the best at putting my f-feelings into words, but I want to try nonetheless. Long ago, I felt like my life was going nowhere and that I had no one to care about or feel attached to. Then, I met you, and you're the closest friend I've ever had. You're one of my top reasons for looking forward to a new day. Just thinking of meeting you every day, hearing your v-voice and seeing your beautiful smile is enough to make me happy. When I'm by your side, it's like all of my fears, worries and a-anxieties melt away thanks to your warm presence. And, no one knows how to ignite the fire in my heart the way you do. I realized that I love you. I'm deeply in love with you, Test Tube. And your love is precious to me." He finally confesses his feelings. I froze, my heart was pounding, and my cheeks were flushed.

"I'm embarrassed. Arghhh... Now we're definitely going to be awkward. I apologize. Please, forget everything I said." He regretted, then rubbed his hair roughly. He covered his face.

"Fan." He opened his eyes, looking at me with stress. He waited, still anxious. Meanwhile, I searched for the right words to say. I still think this is a dream.

"You don't know how much I love you." I smiled brightly, letting my red cheeks be seen by him. He smiled back, and pulled me in for a hug.

 He smiled back, and pulled me in for a hug

Gently, he kissed me on the lips.

We broke the kiss after a while, Fan laughed teasingly at me who was already blushing mess. He then ruffled my hair while laughing out loud.

"Let me be your boyfriend." He said with a smile. Makes me blush even more. I froze for a few seconds, but quickly came back to reality again.

"What if I say no?" Taking a small step closer, I peered up at him. "Then I'll ask you again tomorrow. And if you say no again, I'll wait until the next day." I giggled at this, causing him to squeeze my hand and pull me another step closer.