Chapter 9: Flashbacks

Y/n's POV

Me and Freddy were quietly and quickly walking out of the forest. We had to be very sneaky so we wouldn't make loud sounds and startle the things. Every now and then I'd almost get us caught cause I keep daydreaming about a certain very beautiful green ogre.

'Why do I even like him?' is something that I kept asking myself. 'He treats me horribly.' I knew that I wanted to go home but some part of my brain kept making me think that he loves me, and that's why I went back with him. I had convinced myself that he can change and will care about me. I was so busy with thinking about Shrek that I hadn't even noticed me and Freddy going out of the forest.

"Hey, beautiful woman, we're out of the forest." I had snapped out of my thoughts and saw a carriage far away from us. It was coming our way. "We ride with that." I nodded along to what Freddy was saying, sat down in the soft grass and watched the carriage get closer to us. After 5 minutes passing, the carriage was finally here and we could get out of here. As I stood up I noticed someone else in the carriage. The person stepped out of the carriage and it was none other than History Rice, the true ruler of Hollywood herself. "Omg a Hollywood person, I am so honoured." she signalled me to come into the carriage, I went in and sat in the seat in front of her. Freddy sat next to her. They're so pretty istg.

"Miss L/n, a blonde man and another very beautiful man told me that a green ogre named Shrek was after you. Is that true?" History asked me, I thought for a moment and answered. "Not really, I mean, yeah he is, but it's not what you think!" Freddy and History were both staring at me like I was lying to them, which I was not. Shrek was just looking for me so I could come back and be happy with him. I'm sure he meant no harm, right? "Very well then, I'll believe you." My face morphed into a smiling emoji, successfully creeping History and Freddy out, I was also glad she believed me. I didn't want to look like a weirdo, which I probably already did, so I just looked outside the window and imagined a little man running along with the carriage, I used to do that when I was little.

-epic flashback brought to you by Shrek's abs-

3rd person POV

It was late at night, about 12am and small Y/n couldn't sleep. It had been about 3 hours since Y/n went to bed and a year after her dad left to get some milk. She remembers it very clearly.

(Flashback in another flashback because why not?)

Her mother and father were sitting at the kitchen table. "Honey, please. Stop this nonsense." Y/n's mom, Gnoma, was looking at her husband with sad eyes. Her husband, Popee, only stared at her with those killer eyes. "Amogus." Gnoma started crying, he always knew what to say. "Do you really need to go?" Popee smiled a sad smile at Gnoma. "Amogus." "Honey, when you come back please buy some milk." Popee smiled again. He smiled and nodded. Y/n's father stood up, he took his bag and walked to the door, smiling. "Popee, please promise you'll come back quick. You still have a child to raise and we're out of milk!" Gnoma and Popee hugged each other and while doing so Popee had killed 3 wolves. Y/n's parents kissed each other for the last time. "Oh Y/n, why aren't you sleeping?" Y/n's mom asked her. "Mommy, where's daddy going?" Gnoma picked up Y/n and tucked her in. "Daddy is going on an important mission, he's saving Sia from Beyonce's basement and he's gonna get us some milk." "Is he gonna come back?" Y/n's mom smiled at her sweetly and answered "Yes, he is. We don't know when but someday he is. Don't worry honey, you should go to sleep." "Okay mommy!" Y/n hugged her mom and fell asleep. She dreamed of the milk her dad will get.

(End of flashback in a flashback)

Y/n looked out of her window and imagined a little man jumping on the buldings to calm down herself. She saw someone walking and decided to open her window. Y/n had inherited her father's nightmare fuel faces and successfully made the stranger run away. The little man running on buildings did the distraction dance and waved at Y/n. Y/n waved back, lied down, eventually falling asleep.

-End of not so epic flashback-

Y/n's POV

"Y/n? Y/n wake up. We're at our destination." I woke up to an animatronic bear shaking me until I fell of the seat. "W-what? Where am I? Oh right." I stuttered cutely cause I'm cute. I stood up and looked out the window. We were at a big castle and I think I know who it belongs to. I stepped out of the carriage, waved History and Freddy goodbye and watched them ride back to my mom's house, I wonder why they went there. Before I fell asleep History had explained that I needed to enter the castle without them. The guards let me inside and I was greeted by a short man. Ugh, I hate pixies. "Ah, Y/n! Wonderful to finally meet you, Shrek has told me a lot about you." I glared and him and said "Pleasure to meet you too, Lord Farquaad."

A/N: Heya baddies! I'm so sorry for being such a lazy author and not posting new chapters very often! Anyways, how'd you like this chapter? I hope it wasn't too weird or anything:) I also fixed the description since it sounded too positive. Bye baddies!

A/N 2: I made the flashback different, it was too dark. The description is now also more positive. I need to remember to not write chapters at night(even tho I still do.) I apologise if this chapter caused any discomfort in the past! Bye baddies!