1.1

I'm not sure if
I can't breathe or simply
I don't want to breathe.
[Shain Khimani]
(Instagram: @thinkinq)
- - -
Sometimes we all get lonely the feeling that nips at you heart making you hurt all over, now that I think about it that's how Jack feels and I realize that now.I've noticed how he usually stares off in silence losing himself slowly, he also smokes a lot.

I finish my coffee placing the mug in the dishwasher, my mother left a few hours ago to work and she said Chris will probably pick her up later for dinner and they might go back to his place. It didn't really bother me that she was staying out late because Jack would probably come over in a few.

It's crossed my mind a few times about getting serious with jack like a official relationship, it also terrified me to think about also. Of course I wanted to be his but it may be too early we've only known each other for one month two days fourty two hours twenty eight minutes and five thousand seconds but who's counting?

A knock sends me out of thought, I walk towards the door pulling it open to see Jack standing there with a goofy smile. I give a grin of my own moving out of the way letting him come in.

"Hi," I say shyly

"Winter," He says his expression was serious it seemed odd on his face 'I need to talk to you."

"About?" I gulp

This is it he's going to tell me he had fun and all but it's time for him to leave that it's not me it's him.

"Look, it's not that that I don't want you." He sighs "I just don't want a relationship right now, and I don't want something to happen and you end up getting hurt."

Gulp, gulp, gulp.

"Then why lead me on?" I didn't mean for that to come out it was just a smart comment

''I didn't mean to lead you on Winter." His voice breaks slightly when he said my name making my heart ache "But please don't end this friendship or whatever it was that we had" Jack says weakly.

I almost fall to my knees but I don't, I won't. My stomachs in a whirl and not in the good kind of way.

" I wouldn't call you a rebound, not at all but before you there was this girl that I felll madly in love with her and she left me for someone else," Jack said 'And you made it easier to forget about her." His voice is heavy weighing me down

"I was your medicine." I choke out

 "And I injected you like you were my own drug." Jack says