2.3

One Week Later
You'll live forever
in my heart, my dear.
- - -Mary has busied herself with preparing the funeral, I gave myself two days and I won't give myself anymore. The funeral is in two hours, Mary asked everyone to wear causal attire knowing Jack would've wanted that. So I'm in my Nirvana tee shirt and black leggings and black boots, the song choices are unusual for a funeral but Mary wanted Jack's all time favorite songs.

TWO HOURS LATER

- - -

Pieces by Andrew Belle played loudly through the speakers as a slide show of photos of Jack showed on a screen, after this was speakings but I chose not to. I wanted my memories of Jack with me and only me and I do not care how selfish that is.

"Jack, well Jack was Jack. He knew how to be the life of the party how to keep things together, he was our glue" Marie says "Even though I'm his aunt I've always felt like his mother I raised him from the time he was born and I'm truly proud that I had the honor of raising this boy, I give all my thanks to God for giving me that blessing. And no matter how mad I get I know God wanted him in his kingdom for a reason a reason I may never understand." She starts crying "But I thank you Lord for letting me raise this boy."

I see Amanda walk up with a paper in her hands, she still looks like heaven with feet.

"God gave me the chance to love this boy but I failed, and I'll regret that everyday until I day. But Jack found someone else, in Jack's words he said "She is my everything even when I have nothing I know I have everything." And I wanted those words to be said about me but they weren't and I'm okay with that," She speaks "But I knew he had someone that loved him way more then I could have ever loved someone, he knew what he had and what he didn't and he loved what he had with every bone and fiber in his body. Jack was truly the light of the world and we need more people like him around,"

After ten other people are done people start leaving and some meeting up with old friends, I'm probably the first out the door. I knew that people would try to talk to be and I didn't want that.
I drove to the spot when Jack told me I was the moon, I got out of my car and sat down.

"Yes Jack, I may have been the moon. But the moon only glows because it's reflecting off the sun, but oh my sun has died and so has my glow." I talk with a lump forming in my throat " I love you, I think I loved you since day one but now I know. I love you"

I get back into my car and say "Forever, baby." and I drive.