0.5

He looked at her
the way all girls
wanted to be looked
at.
- [Great Gatsby]
- - -
Snow coated the ground once more, it's blinding white color fell beautifully upon the ground, it reminded me of how people fell for each other so innocently and some not so innocent but they fell and they didn't catch each other.

A couple of kids were outside throwing snow in the air getting tangled in the fresh snow falling, they were having fun you could tell by their faces.

I dressed warm I had at least two layers of clothing on, my mom didn't come home last night so I figured she slept over at Susan's, I ran downstairs throwing open the front door and a cold breeze greets me.

My cheeks sting, my eyes water, lips chapped but I still don't want to go inside.

A familiar laugh fills my ears sounding like the perfect melodies, my heart flutters and my mouth loses all it's moisture.

"You look like frosty the snowman," Jack's raspy voice fills my ears

"Well at least I'm warm," I state "You look like you're about to freeze to death."

"At least I look hot," He says sitting down on the snow

"Eh, I've seen cuter" I say grinning "And most of them had four to five layers of clothing on."

"DON'T JUDGE MY CLOTHING CHOICE," Jack hollers causing a couple of glances towards us

"Just did." I smirk

"You're annoying," Jack says

"And you're freezing,"I state "C'mon" I nod towards my house

Jack and I walk side by side our hands intertwined, I can feel his body warmth radiating off of him onto me.

I clutch the knob in my hand pushing it open untangling my hand from Jack's to take my two oversized hoodies off.

"There's hot chocolate in the cupboard," I say removing my shoes

"Okay" Jack says walking into the kitchen

I soon follow in after him seeing that there's two mugs already on the counter.

"Where's your marshmallows?" He asks looking around

"We don't have any." I say placing myself on-top of the counter

"Oh," Jack says "Here." He hands me a mug filled of chocolaty heaven

"Thank you," I smile taking a sip of the hot chocolate

"You're welcome," Jack smiles "Do you have a play station or X-box?" He asks

"I have a X-box in the basement" I say

"Any games?" Jack asks raising his eyebrows

"A few." I hop off the counter leading him to the basement.

We walked down the hall to this little door that lead to the basement, we walked down the lopsided wooden stairs squeaking loudly as we walked down them.

"You have Call Of Duty Ghosts!?" Jack asked excitement dripping from his words

"Yeah," I laugh "I used to play it."

"I love this game," Jack says acting like a child in a candy store

My stomach twists and my heartbeat quickens, he looks so perfect, perfect couldn't even begin to describe him but it was as close as I'm getting because he's so unreal so magical.

We sit on the floor in front of the television, Jack looks so into the game his face is so serious, so focus.

"Die!, die!, die!" He shouts pressing random buttons on the controller

"Easy tiger," I laugh

Jack shoves me with his shoulder with a grin on his face, and that smile is the smile that makes your heart stop, the smile that you want to be the cause of.

"No!, die!, no! no! die!" Jack shouts

"You're dying," I state

"No, Winter I didn't notice." He smiles again

The way my name rolled off his tongue made me want him to repeat it again and again, he said my name like he had said it his whole life, he said it like it was the most beautiful word made.

"Maybe if you'd hide behind the truck over there, people keep passing it you'd get a clear shot every time." I say

"Hiding is cowardly," He says

"Not if you kill the bad people saving our country." I say

"You do realize this is fake right?" Jack asks

"Obviously." I snort

Jack laughs in that boyish laugh where his voice get all high pitched and it took every bone, every nerve not to record it because it made my head spin, heart drop, and breathing stop.

"You have nice hair," Jack says randomly

I turn to look at him, a smile plays upon my lips.

"Snow is all in it." I state

"It's still pretty,"

Right now it's three A.M and Jack and I are laying down listening to music being embraced by snow.

"Well thank you." I look back towards the sky

The sky is filled stars shining brightly along with the moon lighting us see it's beauty.

Jack's hand slips into mine tying our fingers together, he lifts his arm up pointing towards the moon.

"The moon reminds me of you." Jack says

"How so?" I ask turning to him my nose brushes against his coat

"Well the moon doesn't know how beautiful it is when really it's the most beautiful thing in the sky, it's like you, you have no clue how beautiful you are." Jack says his eyes shine "And really you are the most beautiful person on this planet."

Breathing, I need to breathe but I can't it seem as if breathing don't matter right now.

Hands, my hands seem to be unable to stop shaking.

Heartbeat, either it's going to burst out of my chest or it's not going to beat.

Stomach, it seem to be in my throat.

I can't form words my tongue won't move to verbalize anything, my lips feel like they are swollen, my eyes stay locked onto Jack unable to look away his eyes are enchanting right now they seem to be the only thing I can focus on.

"I-I," I mumble not sure of what to be

"Do I make you nervous?" Jack act with a smug smile on his face

"Y-I um I-I"

"I do," He grins "It's okay you don't have to speak." Jack laughs

"If I'm the moon, then you're the sun shining down in midday shining down on everyone brightening their day easily," I manage to choke out "You always seem to brighten my day and brightens everyone elses." I finish

"That was better than mine," Jack laughs "Wow."