0.2

My mother told me
to always look both ways
before crossing the street,
to make sure my way was clear.

My mother told me
to always be careful
because I could hurt myself,
to make sure I was safe.

My mother told me
to always slow down
because if you speed,
I could damage myself along with other people.

But I couldn't seem to follow the speed limit
when I was around you.

[c.r.]
- - -
"Winter!" My mothers honey like voice filled the room

"In here," I say loud enough so she could here

I heard her heels clicking the tiled flooring nearing my bedroom.

"Sweetie, I'm headed to work" She smiles "Any sleep?" She asks concern coating her sparkling brown eyes

"No," I start "I did meet a boy though." A smile plays on my lips as the thought of Jack enter my mind

"Details when I get back," She warns "Every single detail."

"You got it," I laugh "Drive safe!"

"Okay," She smiles "Love you."

"Love you too." I say

And she's gone, she comes home around six P.M she's a waiter at a diner called Susan's, Susan is the owner of course she met my mother in church and they became best friends.

I slide off of my bed walking down the hallway entering the kitchen, my stomach grumbles as I pour myself a glass of chocolate milk my mouth waters at the chocolaty goodness in the glass.

I gulp all of milk down filling myself up leaving me satisfied, I grab a chocolate chip muffin and walking into living room dropping myself on the couch.

Criminal Minds reruns were on, my mom and I always watched Criminal Minds it was like our show,

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thought, I groan and walk over towards the door. I unlock the three deadbolts my mom is terrified of being robbed if you can't tell.

I pull the door open to see Jack with a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips, a smile finds it's way onto my face.

"Jack," I say

"Winter." Jack says

How did does he even know this was my house? I could careless though I'm bored and could use company.

"Come in," I say widening the door "There's muffins on the counter."

"Flavor?" Jack asks as he enters the house

"Chocolate chip." I say closing the door entering the living room once again

Jack comes in after me holding two muffins, I chuckle and he sits down beside me and our knees brush, fire I feel as if my leg is being dipped in fire.

"Criminal Minds?" Jack asks

"Yes," I nod "I love this show."

"I've seen better," Jack states

I gasp "There is no show better than Criminal Minds,"

"Yes there is," Jack lets out a throaty laugh "There's American Horror Story and Teen Wolf also Bob The Bulider." He grins

"Bob seriously," I laugh

"If you break it he can fix it." Jack beams

"You're a dork," I laugh

"A cute one," He winks "You said it yourself last night, Winter."

"Yes I did," I laugh "But I take it back."

"You can't do that." Jack says

"Just did."

"Idiot," Jack snorts

"Stupid," I say

"Weirdo" Jack smiles

"Douche," I return his smile

"Touché,"

I shake my head and sink deeper into the sofa as Criminal Minds comes back on.

When my mom got back Jack was sound asleep in my lap, she raises a eyebrow smirking I blush shaking my head.

I remember how Jack said he hadn't slept in two weeks, my heart fluttered, he was able to fall asleep with me.

I stroked his eyebrow and my thumb fell to his eyelid, I traced his face lightly memorizing every detail. etching the into my mind.

My mom sat down on the armchair with a grin on her face.

"Is that the boy?" She asks quietly

I nod and smile in awe at the boy on my lap, my mom left to her room saying if I needed anything to call.

I couldn't focus properly on her words because my focus was trained on Jack, he looked at peace, and calm, relaxed maybe.

A strange feeling in my heart, it wasn't a bad feeling it was quite delightful actually, it felt warm, beautiful.