Chapter 12 - An uninvited guest

Alya's face falls, "Wait did you say 'act'?? So you are not really dating, it is just an act to make Agreste leave you alone?" Alya asked carefully hoping that they are really dating. To her disappointment Marinette and Damian nodded. "I thought you finally decided to date someone" Alya muttered with a hint of sadness in her voice. 

Alya stayed for a while and Damian and Alya got to know each other better. Well atleast Damian knew about Alya even though he refused to open up to her. Adrien walked in uninvited again!! 

Alya glared at him and he had the audacity to look at her and SMIRK "Hello Als. I see you heard the news." Alya growled "Do not call me Als." Adrien's smirk faltered a little as he said "Easy tigre, or should I say tigress, I was just messing around." Adrien looked at Marinette and Damian who had not said anything yet. Alya stood up and violently pushed him out of the room and slammed the door in his face probably breaking the still healing nose of his. Alya dusted the imaginary dust of her hands and smiled looking at the couple. 

"Was that entirely necessary" Marinette asked

"Of course it was, he decided to come up to you even when you said that you weren't interested" Alya replied while rolling her eyes at the fact that Mari's heart is just too good for the world. She needs to toughen up to survive. She thought. 

"Tt, he deserved it Angel" Damian said smirking

"Fine, you're right he did deserve it." Mari said with a hesitant edge to her voice. "But I already broke his nose once" she muttered under her breath. 

"I'll be taking my leave now, I need to meet Nino in 30 minutes." Alya shouted as she walked out of the door. Damian just "Tt- ed" and Marinette sighed. 

She stared off into space. She started thinking of how her treatment would go, it soon drifted off to thinking of her job. She had been silent for a while and was staring at Damian. He started getting worried about her and started calling her name. 

Marinette POV

"- inette, Marinette are you with me, are you okay" A voice eventually woke me up from my day dream of Damian. I stared at the source of the voice to see Damian's face very close to mine. I blushed at how close our face was. His breath fanned my face as he sneaked glances at my lips and then he licked his own, we grew closer and closer until our noses were practically touching. I had a rush of adrenaline and I surged closer closing the gap in between our faces. It was a very gentle kiss. I felt like I was in heaven. We pulled apart gasping for air. We stared at each other, lips swollen and faces flushed. I stared at him and blurted out "I like you" at the same time he said "Will you go on a date with me?" We both stared at each other and turned even more red. Then we both burst out laughing. He was the first to reply "I like you too" he said with a goofy smile on his face. "Yes, I would love to go on a date with you" Marinette said with a wide grin on her face. She grabbed his face and kissed him again. They were interrupted by a particular ADRIEN AGRESTE at the door, staring at them wide eyed, eyes filled with jealousy and rage. He came in and left some medicines on the table, he left without a word.I flushed deeper red. We stared at each other for awhile and sat in comfortable silence. 

(623 words)

-  Toodles