Chapter 15 - Lila Grossi Strikes

Marinette just sat in her hospital room, staring off into space, she zoned out while thinking about Damian, her day dream was interrupted by the sound of the door to her room opening. “Dami, is that you?” she questioned. She got worried when she didn’t get an answer. She stood up cautiously and walked towards the other room, as soon as she entered the room, she felt an immense pain on the back of her head, she started seeing black spots on the corner of her eyes, “Nice to see you again Maritrash, I hope you didn’t forget your bestie.” Her vision went black as she passed out, but not before elbowing them in the stomach, the last thing she heard was a pained grunt someone screaming “You’ll pay for that Maritrash!!”

Damian POV

The canteen queue is so long, I wish I could go back up and just cuddle with my Ang- I mean Marinette. I can’t believe she actually agreed to be my girlfriend. I can’t be bothered anymore, I am going back. I think she’ll understand. I sigh and walk back to our room, I can hear weird sounds from her room, is she… … … screaming. I ran into our room just to see someone jump out of the window. Oh my goodness, what just happened? “An- Marinette, are you there?” I shout, no answer. I walk into her room only to see a piece of paper, pinned to the table, with a knife? Oh my god, what am I going to do now? I refuse to let her die. The note says:

Whoever you are, I have your lovely little girlfriend, Come and meet me alone in a abandoned warehouse with address ***856****. Notify the police or anyone else and you will never see your beloved girl again. I have eyes everywhere so you can’t trick me Wayne. 
- Lila Rossi
I sigh, why does this always happen to me, I am coming for you An- Mar, to hell with it she is my Angel, and NO ONE hurts what is mine. I will kill that slut Rossi. 

Third Person POV

Damian took his motorcycle that was parked outside the hospital and sped off, ‘what is it with villains and abandoned warehouses?’ he thought. He pushed away that thought and suddenly it hit him, his Angel’s treatment finished today, she had lost quite a bit of hair, but not bald yet. It should grow back in a while. This meant she was also quite tired and weak and had no self defense mechanism, no wonder a strong lady like her got kidnapped. He blushed at the thought of Marinette doing martial arts. He let a small smile creep onto his face, ‘What have you done to me Angel’ he thought fondly. 

He noticed that he reached the warehouse, he climbed off his bike hurriedly and rushed inside, he searched for his Angel, suddenly he heard inhuman laughter, and a pained scream from what sounded like Mari. He rushed towards the sound to see Lie-la Grossi, holding his Angel up by her hair. He growled at the sight but he couldn’t just jump in, that would be stupid. He listened in on what she was saying. “I will steal your boyfriend from you like I did the last time, he will be mine, I can feel the money radiating off him, I will kiss him. You will stand there watching like the helpless, naive girl you are. He will never spare you another glance after he sees what I have in store for him!” he heard the sinister laugh again, he cringed at the thought of ever dating her. 

He swooped in delivering a kick to her head, this made her drop Marinette, she let out an enraged scream. She lunged forwards to attack Damian. He dodged her and delivered a kick to the stomach, sending her back, he rushed to Marinette while Lila regained her composure, He started checking her for wounds and realised she was passed out. He picked her up, and put her over his shoulder, he started walking towards the exit and failed to see Lila charging at him. She rammed into his back, he managed to regain his balance and slowly set his Angel down, gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. 

He turned towards Lila, stared at her like she was a disease he would avoid at any cost (which is very true.) He sneered at her, while she let out a sinister cackle and charged. She spoke, in a mocking tone, a smirk was evident on her face “She will never be safe with you, there will always be one girl or the other trying to take her away and get to you, you can’t protect her forever” she told him in between delivering blows to his knees. He stood up and screamed at her “No, that’s not true, I will protect her from all, no matter what the cost.” She just laughed at him and said “You can’t protect her forever, one time or the other, she will die because of you, so you truly love her, if you do, wouldn't you want the best for her?” she questioned, trying to get through to him. He stared into space and thought about what she said, “Is him staying with her really what is best for her?” Lila quickly injected a serum into Marinette while Damian was distracted, she disappeared. He quickly broke out of his trance and looked for Lila, only to see her gone, he slowly moved towards Marinette and picked her up. He carried her back to his motorcycle and then got her back to the hospital and rushed her in. 

He waited all day and night for the doctors to tell him some good news, finally after hours of waiting a doctor walked out and said, “she is stable, but she is in a coma.” Damian sunk to the floor, tears pooling in his eyes, maybe Lila was right, maybe he was just a danger and trouble to her, maybe he should leave her.

(1080 words)

- Toodles

Next chapter is the last chapter, I might do a sequel if people want me to.