Chapter 1 - Bad News

None of the images in the story are mine, If you are the owner and want me to take it down please let me know.

It was 3.00am in the morning and Marinette was working on a few designs of hers. She was quite the busy bee. She is 24, and is working for the famous designer Gabriel Agreste.
Right now she was working on a dress, the dress was tight fit till a few inches bellow the knees, and then it was frilly and had red and pink hearts and green and blue star sequins all over it. She was satisified with her design, she decided to go to sleep. She thought of how she always dreamt of being part of the Gabriel Agreste company. She grinned at the thought. She was no longer the clumsy Marinette Dupaing - Cheng who was always late for everything. Now she was the partner of Gabriel Agreste and one of the best designers in Paris, she slowly drifted of to sleep.

Her alarm went of at exactly 6.30am, she woke up and decided to start working on her next design.

Marinette POV

I heard my alarm go of and checked the time, it was six thirty in the morning. It is a Saturday. "I should work on that new design Mr.Agreste asked me to work on." she thought
Half way through my design I felt really tired, nauseous and felt my vision blur, like there was something wrong, deep in my gut I knew there was something horrible going to come up, suddenly I felt a very sharp pain in my head, I immedeatly called the ambulance and franticaly told them my address. Then I felt my legs giving way and then all was pitch black.
-----------------------------

Third Person POV

Few hours later she woke up to the strong scent of medicines and anesthetics. A nurse rushed in and said "Oh, your awake, that's great. Don't worry, I'll get the doctor immedeatly."

She rushed out of the room leaving her alone again, I felt a faint pain in my head and the doctor rushed in with the nurse and few others accompanying him. They rushed in and examined Marinette, asking questions like do you have a head ache, do you have any body pain, how are you feeling and are you tired. She just nodded her head and stared at them, not knowing what all the fuzz is about, little did she know she was a victim to the uncurable (is that a word, anyways) and deadly disease.

Marinette asked "what is wrong, why is everyone in such a rush." suddenly she gasped "Am I dying" she choked out.

"No of course not" replied the doctor with blonde hair and hazel eyes. "But I am sorry to say, you have cancer, a brain tumor to be exact" explained the other doctor with brown hair, a purple streak running through it.

Matinette gasped "Juleka" she exclaimed

"Marinette, it is you, I knew it" she sighed happily "You look so different and beautiful" she continued

"Thank You" Marinette grinned

"So you are a doctor, and I have a brain tumor, Huh?" Marinette sighed

"I am sorry to say that it is true Mari." Juleka said with a hint of pity in her voice

"How long will I live" asked Marinette, fear noticable in her voice

"We need further tests to answer that and we will try are best to save you" replied Juleka

*Time skip to after the tests are done*

Juleka says "Mari, you will have to come after a few more days, on Thursday for the results."

"Thanks Juleka" Mari replies and leaves