Chapter 16 - No, no, no, This can't be happening !!!

Damian decided to stay and wait for his Angel to wake up, he was by her side day and night, Alya and Nino had come to visit, so had Adrien, but Damian didn’t let him get close to her. He stood his ground on that decision and he doesn’t regret it, Adrien had apologised to Marinette and Damian. He asked them for forgiveness, because he had hired Lila, he never wanted this, he just wanted Marinette to love him again. 

It has been 3 months since the incident and Alya had just popped by to visit, she stood near the door, and she saw Damian talking to Marinette “Come on Angel, I know you can do this, you have it in you, wake up, please don’t leave me, it’s been three months and Grossi has been missing since, I went to the warehouse that day and saw a syringe which was empty, I guess she did this to you, I will be by your side forever, I’ll never leave you” He kept saying, Alya decided to make her presence known. She cleared her throat rather loudly and walked in, she kneeled next to Mari and nodded in acknowledgement to Damian, she held Marinette’s other hand and said “Please wake up, we all know that you are strong enough, come on Mari.”

Marinette’s eyes fluttered open, she saw Damian at her right, she stared at him wierdly and turned to the other side to see Alya crying her eyes out, “What’s wrong Als” she asked, her throat was sore and voice hoarse. Alya looked up, joy evident in her eyes. “Angel you are awake” someone said, she turned to look at him as he scooped her up in a hug. She started squirming, he let her back down and she stared at him while asking “Who are you?” 

Alya and Damian stared at her in disbelief and sadness. Marinette asked Alya “Who is this Als, is he your friend?” 

“Marinette” Alya said cautiously “What is the last thing you remember?” she asked, dreading the answer. 

“Umm, I don’t know, I remember sitting at home and working on some designs, something about your wedding and Adrien coming back. That’s all” 

Alya stared at her and said “Marinette, you have memory loss, a lot has happened, you finished your cancer treatment” Alya explained.

“How do I not remember? And where did that guy go?” she asked, looking at the spot Damian was standing earlier. 

Alya sighed and walked out towards Damian, he had tears threatening to fall, Alya put a hand on his shoulder. Damian just shrugged it off and said “I am moving away, my job here is done. Don’t tell her anything, just let her have a normal life.”

Alya sighed and nodded, “Fine, but if she remembers then you better come back”

“Tt, We'll see Cesaire, we’ll see” he sighed in defeat and walked away, a bag slung over his shoulder carelessly, his posture was off to say the least. He looked like he was going to burst into tears and go on a rampage against Lie-la at the same time. 

Damian walked into his rented apartment he had gotten with his Angel when they had decided to move in together, after the treatment. He was devastated, he let the information sink in, he sat down on the bed, hugging a picture of them, he was giving her a peck on the cheek. “I’ll miss you habibi, but this is what is best for you, I love you today and forever.” He packed his things and bought the earliest plane ticket to anywhere available. 

With Alya and Marientte, Alya was trying her best to make Marinette remember Damian before it was too late. Marinette though, was not making any progress, she felt that she should be remembering him, that she has seen him somewhere, but she just can’t pinpoint it. She was trying but it felt impossible. 

She and Alya decided it was best if Marinette stays with Alya until she can remember any fraction of what had happened. 

Meanwhile, Damian had got to his destination, he walked into a house he had bought the last time he was here. He carelessly threw his bag onto the floor and dug into it to find something, he tore and flipped the contents of his bag, searching for it, finally he found it, a picture of Him and his Angel, ‘Demon Spawn & Angel’ it read. It was wrapped neatly in one of her light coloured hoodies with her signature pink flowers. He hugged the hoodie and placed the picture on his bedside table, he flopped onto the bed, hugging the hoodie so tight, it was wrinkled. 

The two lovers, soulmates on two opposite ends of the world, trying to push away the feeling that part of them is missing, ignoring the tug that is trying to pull them together. Damian might’ve taken this decision but this is not what he wanted, Marinette was trying to remember why she felt such a strong attraction towards the mysterious boy from the hospital.

THE END
_________________________________________
(850 words)

I will do a sequel, I will let you guys know when it is out. Adrien will be forgiven.

- Toodles