Understanding (Sorta) Part 18

Rayla blinked looking around. She was in bed. She frowned and stood up, throwing the covers off her body. 

She had a small headache but only a small one. She wasn't dying.

Rayla made her way to the door and opened it. She recognized the room. Her breath caught in her throat. It was her home.

The Silvergrove. 

Rayla immediately ran to Ethari's workshop, her bare feet hitting the cold steps. She threw the door open and saw one of her most favorite people. 

Ethari. 

Tears flowed down Rayla's cheeks. 

He was working on something but paused when he heard Rayla. He turned and smiled. 

"Your up," Ethari commented. Rayla ran forward and grabbed onto the elf hugging him tightly. 

"Your here! I'm not a ghost!" Rayla cried and Ethari nodded and hugged her back. 

Rayla pulled away, her headache growing. "Wheres Callum?" She asked. "How did we get here?" 

Ethari bit his lip. "Rayla let's go back to your room and I can explain." 

A hollow feeling grew inside Rayla's stomach. "Is something wrong?" She asked, but by the look on Ethari's face, she already knew. 

~

Meanwhile, Callum slowly came to his senses. There was something warm on him. He was comfortable. But he couldn't move. He tried opening his eyes but they stayed glued shut. 'Probably just stuck in dreamland.' Callum thought but as the minutes went on, he slowly started to feel uneasy. 

'Its fine, I'll just force myself awake.' Callum thought. He struggled to open his eyes but stopped after a while when it his effort proved futile. He tried his legs next, then his ams but he couldn't move. H couldn't even talk. 

Callum was panicking now. 'Somebody help!' His mind screamed but his mouth made no movement. 

Then a click was heard and two people entered- a room? Was that what Callum was in? 

He heard a familiar voice and just wanted to scream even louder. 

Rayla. 

"Ethari, whats going on?" She asked. Ethari looked at Callum who was on a bed in the corner. 

"Well... he used Dark Magic." He said and Rayla covered her mouth, a choked sound coming from her throat. "The spell he used was called Reverse. It reversed your wounds and brought you home but he didn't do it correctly. So you two appeared in my workshop, huddled together, sleeping. However, Callum hasn't woken up yet."

Rayla voice came out strained. "The last time this happened, he could still move and talk. He wasn't so... quiet." She turned away from her boyfriends body. 

"We believe he's in a coma. If the dark magic takes a hold of him, then he won't ever wake up. If he somehow over comes the dark magic then he'll come back." Ethari said, resting a hand on Rayla's shoulder. 

Callum wanted to jump up. He wanted to wrap his arms around Rayla and hold her. He wanted to tell her everything okay. He wanted to tell her that he'd never use dark magic again. But all he could do was lay there, screaming in his head. 

Rayla slowly walked over to Callum and pressed her warm hand to his cold cheek. "Please come back soon." She whispered softly before leaning down and placing a small kiss on Callum's pale forehead. 

Callum's heart broke. 

"I love you." She whispered before leaving with Ethari. 

'I love you too.' Callum thought. And then he made a decision. He'd fight for Rayla. He wouldn't give up. Even if it killed him.