Bridge Part 6

Callum stayed close to Rayla. He had said it was a dream but he could be wrong. Right before the midnight desert he had a dream where he was with Rayla, and where he pulled her hood down. 

But it wasn't a dream. 

It had happened and Callum wondered how that happened. But with everything going on he had put it off, but now here was him beautiful girlfriend being plagued by awful dreams. He couldn't put it aside any longer. So he made changes. 

He took her everywhere. 

Comforted her. 

Slept in a chair right next to her bed. 

Cuddled her after the dream. 

Kissed her randomly, trying to get her mind off the dreams. 

Took her on fly's through the clouds.

And doubled security. 

He did everything he could and after a while, Rayla felt better and the dreams stopped. 

But while the dreams stopped,

 Claudia was just getting ready. 

~Present Day~

"Callum if you make me bump into a tree, i swear to Xadia i will end you

"Callum if you make me bump into a tree, i swear to Xadia i will end you." Rayla said and Callum led her blind folded down a path, into the forest. 

Callum laughed and kissed her cheek. "I'm not going to hurt you." He said.

"You know i like being in charge." She said. 

"I do know that." Callum said. "Buuuuutttt i can't have you in charge for this." He stopped and took of Rayla's blindfold. 

Rayla gasped. 

Callum had led her to a wrought iron bridge, curving over a shallow flowing river. He knew that Rayla was afraid of water, but this river was so shallow you could see the rocks making up the river bed, but still deep enough to see the arching trees shadows. It was the perfect place. 

Rayla took in her surrounding, twirling slowly until she was back, staring at Callum. 

"Callum, this is beautiful!!"  She cried. 

"This isn't all that I want to show you." He said and knelt down. He pulled a blue geode box out of his pocket, and opened it. 

It had taken him nearly two month to find the ring and box. The box was a real blue geode box with a moonstone opal resting inside. He wanted to make sure it was perfect. 

"Rayla i want to say it was love at first sight, but you chased me around the castle trying to take my life so i'm not sure i can say that. I don't know when my feelings for you started but they continue to grow. And they will never stop. I want to be with you always. Now and forever. This lifetime and every other one. I never want to kiss you goodbye, even if its just to our rooms. I want to kiss you goodnight and have you right there next to me." 

Rayla's hands had flown to her mouth and little tears cascaded down her rosy cheeks. 

"I know this is kinda fast, but Rayla, will you marry me?" Callum finished looking at her tenderly. 

"Oh my big dumb human." Rayla said softly. "You already know my answer." Rayla grinned. "Yes." Callum stood up, slipped the ring on one of her four fingers and then wrapped his arms around her. 

"I love you more than i can say." Callum said and then kissed her. 

Rayla kissed him back happily in the moonlight. 

Claudia watched, rage growing in her heart, fiery tears growing at her black eyes.  

"Its not over." She whispered as the couple left, hand in hand. "Happily ever afters will not exist for you." 

Authors Note: 

I am aware of the age difference between Callum and Rayla XD just deal with it