Isla Cruces

Arabella's P. O. V.

The next morning, we were sailing out on the open water. Elizabeth showed us the Letters of marque. Jack was holding the letters while Michael, Gibbs, Lizzie and myself stood around him, looking at it.

"They're signed," Lizzie spoke pointing to the signature at the bottom. "Lord Cutler Beckett of the East India Trading Company."

Jack blanched.

"Will was working for Beckett and never said a word," Gibbs spoke.

"I was too," I admitted sheepishly.

They stared at me.

"We were going to hang-"

"Beckett wants the compass," Gibbs interrupted me, not seeming to care. "Only one reason for that."

"He wants the chest," Jack agreed.

"He did say something about a chest," Lizzie nodded her head.

"You mean Jones's chest?" Michael looked between all of us, his eyebrows knitted together.

I nodded, humming in confirmation.

"If the company controls the chest, they control the seas," Gibbs explained to me and my friends.

"I suppose that's bad, then," Michael muttered under his breath, but we all heard him.

"Bad for every man what calls himself a pirate," Gibbs stared Michael in the eye, before turning to stare at the sails above us. "I believe there's more speed to be coaxed from these sails."

Gibbs, grabbing Michael's arm, ran off giving orders to the crew. I turned to Lizzie.

"How did you get these from Beckett, Lizzie?" I pointed to the letters in Jack's hand. "And how did you get him to sign it?"

"Persuasion," was all she said.

"Friendly?" Jack asked, taking a step closer to her.

"Decidedly not."

"Will and Belle strike a deal, and upholds it with honor, yet you're standing here with the prize," Jack held the letters in front of them. "Full pardon - 'Commission as a privateer on behalf of England and the East India Trading Company.'"

Jack turned away, and placed the letters inside his coat.

"As if I could be bought for such a low price."

"Give the letters back," Lizzie stood behind him.

"No. Persuade me."

I tilted my head, my brows furrowed, not understanding what Jack was doing.

Lizzie was silent before she stepped closer, and talked over Jack's shoulder.

"You do know Will taught me how to handle a sword?"

Jack turned to face her.

"Like I said, persuade me."

Lizzie stared at him, her mouth slightly opened, most likely trying to find something to say. When she couldn't, she walked away. Jack watched her go, before turning to me, most likely feeling my gaze burning a hole in his head.

"What?" He asked.

"You do know she's engaged?" I raised an eyebrow. "Right?"

Jack gave no answer and walked to the helm. I looked around for something to do, Michael was helping the crew tie the ropes securely, and Lizzie was talking to Norrington. He began to walk away, so I decided to talk to Lizzie.