Finding Jack Part 1

Arabella's P. O. V.

A couple days went by, Michael and the Governor were the only people that came to visit us. Soon, three officers came to our cells.

"Lord Beckett wishes to talk with Mr. Turner and Miss Sparrow," the lead officer announced.

The other two unlocked our cells, one at a time, and shackled our wrists. Once our hands were bound, the officers, two standing behind us, led us to Beckett's office. When we entered, Beckett was talking to Mr. Mercer, while an older man was painting a map of the world on the wall on the left side of the room.

"The prisoners as ordered, Lord Beckett," the lead officer announced.

"Those won't be necessary," Beckett pointed to our manacles.

The officers unlocked our wrists, while Beckett poured, what I suspect Brandy, into three glasses. The officers and Mr. Mercer left the three of us alone.

"The East India Trading Company has need of your services," Beckett told, holding a glass out to each of us.

When we made no move to grab them, he laid them back on the table in front of us. Grabbing his own, he walked towards the fireplace.

"We wish for you two to act as our agents in a business transaction with our mutual friend Captain Sparrow," he grabbed a poker and poked the wood in the fire.

"Like I would do that to my brother," I retorted, crossing my arms.

"He's more of an acquaintance, than a friend," Will replied. "How do you know him?"

"We've had dealings in the past," Beckett answered holding a red-hot iron, the letter 'p' at the end of it.

"Meaning he worked for you?" I questioned, my eyebrows knitted together.

"Yes, and we both left our mark on the other."

"What mark did Jack leave on you, then?"

Not answering Will's question, he placed the iron brand back in the fire.

"By your efforts, Miss Sparrow and Mr. Turner," he stood before us again. "Jack Sparrow was set free. I would like the two of you to go to him, and recover a certain property in his possession."

"At the point of a sword?" Will asked.

"I'm certain that you just have to ask him," he looked at me. "And he'll give it to you."

"And what if he refuses?"

"Bargain with him."

Beckett walked over to his desk, opening a small chest, holding documents. He lifted up a small, leather bound folder for us to see.

"Letters of marque," he opened the folder. "You will offer what amounts to a full pardon. Jack will be free, and become a privateer in the employ of England."

Will and I shared a look.

"If I know my brother well, he wouldn't consider employment the same as being free."

Beckett scoffed softly, placing the Letters of marque back in the box.

"Freedom."

Beckett walked onto the balcony, overlooking the docks. We followed.

"Jack Sparrow is a dying breed," he spared us a glance, as we watched a clock face being raised by a pulley in front of us. "The world is shrinking, the blank edges of the map filled in. Jack Sparrow must find his place in the New World or perish."

He turned to fully face us. This time, he was mostly talking to Will, seeing as he was right beside Beckett. I stared out at the horizon, missing a bit of the conversation.