The Flying Dutchman

Arabella's P. O. V.

When we made it back to the ship, Jack, Will, Gibbs and I went to Jack's cabin. There, we laid out a map, and peered at it, trying to find the location Tia gave us. Jack was still holding the jar of dirt.

Soon, Gibbs pointed to a spot on the map. Looking closer, we saw that it was the same shape the crab claws made. Gibbs left to set our course.

After sailing for a few days, we finally reached our destination. Night had fallen and it was storming. Any other time I would not want to be in the rain, but I didn't care about getting wet at the moment.

Will stood at the railing, looking at the ship that had run aground on a reef. I stood beside Jack, who was rubbing his chin worriedly, Gibbs stood on his other side.

"That's the Flying Dutchman?" Will looked over his shoulder at Jack, his brows furrowed.

Gibbs nodded fearfully, and Jack stopped rubbing his chin.

"She doesn't look like much," Will turned back to the open water.

"Neither do you," Jack replied, standing on Will's left. "Do not underestimate her."

Gibbs still stood on Jack's left, so I stood on Will's right.

"She must've run afoul of the reef," I stated.

A bad feeling began to fill my stomach and I didn't know if it was something I ate, or I was getting sick.

Or that something bad will happen.

"What's your plan?" Jack asked.

"I row over and search the ship until I find your bloody key," Will replied.

"And if there are crewmen?"

"I cut down anyone in my path," Will stepped away, and walked over to where the longboat was waiting for him.

"I like it," Jack stepped away from the rail. "Simple, easy to remember."

We followed Will over to the built-in ladder. Ragetti was at the bottom, holding the rope to the boat. Will had grabbed a lantern, and was about to start climbing down.

"Maybe I should go with you," I spoke.

"No," Will told me. "I'm just going to find the key, and come back."

"He's right," Jack laid his hand on my shoulder. "We just need one man to go over."

Uncertain, I nodded and Will began climbing down. Halfway down, Jack hollered down to him.

"If you do happen to get captured, just say Jack Sparrow sent you to settle his debt. Might save your life."

I stared at Jack, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Bon voyage!" Ragetti yelled, pushing the boat away with his foot.

Jack turned to Pintel, who was peering over our shoulder.

"Douse the lamps."

Pintel and Gibbs, along with the other men, extinguished the lanterns, plunging the ship into darkness.

"Jack."

He turned to me.

"What did you mean by that? Will 'settling your debt'?"

"Like I told William, it might save his life."

He stared back out, watching as Will slowly made his way through the choppy waters.

"What are you not telling me?"

Jack stiffened, and cleared his throat before turning to me.

"It's late, maybe you should sleep."