The Kraken

Arabella's P. O. V.

When we arrived at the ship, Will was still unconscious and had to stay in the boat while the rest of us climbed up. Pintel and Ragetti quickly raised the boat high enough so Michael could pull Will out of the boat, and lay him on the deck.

"What happened?" I asked Lizzie, as she sat beside him, watching over him.

"I don't know."

I walked over to Michael.

"Do you know what happened to him?"

He shook his head.

"Hopefully he wakes up soon," he said, watching the pair. "Jones will no doubt be here soon."

"You're pullin' too hard!" Pintel yelled at his friend, drawing our attention.

"You're not pullin' hard enough!" Ragetti yelled back.

At that moment Jack walked by, carrying the jar of dirt. Gibbs walked up to him, following him. I decided to follow and see what Jack's plan was now that he has Jones's heart, as Michael stayed with his twin.

"Where's the commodore?" Gibbs asked.

"Fell behind," Jack simply answered, causing Gibbs to freeze.

"He drew them away so we could escape," I explained, passing him.

"My prayers be with him," Gibbs murmured quietly, before catching up with us. "Best not wallow in our grief."

"What's your plan?" I asked, but received no reply.

Jack came to a stop beside Cotton at the helm.

"The good thing is your back, and made it off free and clear."

We stood beside him, as he stared weirdly at Cotton.

"Jack-"

Splash!

Portside, the Flying Dutchman rose from the waves, ocean water running off the ship and sails. She came up beside the Pearl, the crew yelling indistinctly some waving their swords or other weapons. Everyone on board was paralyzed.

I turned, wide-eyed to my brother.

"Jack?"

"I'll hand this," he smiled, patting my shoulder.

He walked over to the rail, and shouted to be heard.

"Oi, fishface!" He held his jar of dirt over his head. "Lose something?"

He was slowly walking to the stairs, and fell down them. Everyone watched, some gasped like me, and others just scrunched their faces. I stepped closer to the stairs, when Jack held the jar up again.

"Got it!"

He stood up, still smiling.

"Come to negotiate, you slimy git? Look what I got." He continued walking down the deck, smiling.

Just like everyone, I stared at him with furrowed brows.

"I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt, and guess what's inside it?" He sang, holding the jar above his head again.

After that, the gun port covers opened in the hull of the Dutchman, and cannons came out of the gun ports. It was silent, but I could hear Jack say 'hard to starboard'.

"Hard to starboard!" Lizzie shouted.

Gibbs took the helm from Cotton, and began turning the wheel as fast as he could.