Abandon Ship

A/N: The picture above is how Arabella looks in this chapter.

Dead bodies and burning debris littered the main deck. Everyone stood up, gazing at the carnage around them. Gibbs and Marty stood at the rail, looking at the water below.

"Did we kill it?" Marty softly asked.

"No," he shook his head, eyes wide. "We just made it angry."

He turned to Jack, and walked over to him, Marty and Cotton following.

"Captain, orders!"

Arabella and Michael looked over, Arabella gasping at the sight of her brother coming down the stairs.

"Abandon ship," Jack handed the musket to Gibbs. "Into the long boat."

The others stood by the built in ladder, where the longboat waited in the water below. Arabella, leaving Michael's arms, made her way over to Jack.

"Jack, the Pearl," Gibbs simply said.

"She's only a ship," he replied.

Arabella threw her arms around Jack, and he immediately returned the embrace.

"We have to head for land," Elizabeth agreed.

The siblings pulled away, but stood beside each other.

"It's a lot of open water," Pintel pointed out, Ragetti agreeing with him.

"We have to try, though," Arabella spoke up.

"We can get away as it takes down the Pearl," Will nodded.

It was quiet for a moment, then Gibbs spoke.

"Abandon ship or abandon hope," he nodded, and walked over to the built in ladder.

Elizabeth stood still and watched as the others began packing whatever provisions and weapons they could find on deck.

Arabella's P. O. V.

"I'm so glad you came back," I whispered, my voice cracking at the end.

Jack pulled me into another hug, squeezing tight.

"I should never have left you behind."

After a moment, we pulled away, and I quickly wiped away a tear. Jack gently pushed me towards the boat.

"I'll be along shortly."

I nodded, and walked over to the others, as Jack turned around, gazing upon his vessel, saying a silent goodbye.

Cotton, Marty, and Pintel were climbing into the longboat. When the others saw me, they let me climb down, Michael following. Ragetti and Will stayed on the ladder, and passed the items Gibbs handed down into the boat.

Soon, Gibbs began to climbed down.

"Prepare to cast off, there's no time to lose," he shouted down at us.

Ragetti climbed in, but Will was frozen.

"Come on, Will, step to," Gibbs broke him out of his stupor.

As they climbed in, Michael tied a bandanna around my bullet wound, tying the knot on top of the wound. Once he was done, he sat across from me, and we shared a small smile.

When Will got in, he sat beside me, then Gibbs sat in the back on my other side. Pintel and Ragetti held the oars, waiting for the command. Behind them sat Cotton and Marty, who was holding a rope keeping us tethered to the ship.

Now, we were just waiting for Lizzie and Jack.

Soon, we saw her coming down. I stared up, waiting for my brother as Lizzie sat down beside her brother, diagonal from me.