Chapter 18

Hunter POV

After barreling quickly towards our location, we have made it to the rendezvous.

The institution sat dead in a plain of nothing. No trees, no fences, just a large quantity of black vans in the front.

"Well damn partner what are we gonna do?" Charlie stated putting his aviators back on and sitting up straight. From his constant shuffling in the truck here, I could tell he was as nervous as I am.

"To be honest, I have no idea." I was honest. There is no possible way to go from Plan A to Plan B to save Ray. I have fifty men on my right, and thirty to my left scattered and hiding behind the plateau that hides the institution from anyone coming from the border of Texas.

"Well then let me help," I turn to my classmate and nod, "I'm always the one coming up with strategy for Call of Duty and paintball."

'You have got to be kidding me' I unbuckle my seat belt and get out of the truck. Charlie mouthed some ugly words and I could hear the door slam on the other side.

"Whats wrong with you dude, I offered my help. We are not going into this place with no plan. You will get most of us, or all of us killed with your stupidity." His words channeled a movement and some soldiers started making their way towards us.

"Fine, Charlie, come up with someone and we will listen." I huffed; he was taken back.

"I'm not trying to humiliate you dude, you have the real in-person training, I just have video-game experience. But my knowledge comes from my dad, and he teaches me everything."

Soon enough we were surrounded by everyone, I was surprised with everyone preparedness. Nobody was without a weapon or bullet proof suit.

"Alright Charlie, this is your show now," I place my hand on his shoulder, "Don't mess this up, gamer boy."

45minutes later......

We were making our way towards the hospital from all corners. Charlie already sent some soldiers in to find loopholes to enter in, and the rest of us are waiting for an answer to charge in. In ten minutes, helicopters of more members will be joining us incase anything fails...I really hope this does. Ray needs me.

*Echo come in echo* my comm calls me. I press my button to me ear and reply *Foxtrot, this is echo*

*Your time to shine brother. Move in with your men. The first line is ready to go*

This means the first group has made it into the building from the top, and we are the second to go. My five men and I began forward. It is 2200 and pitch black, not even a light in sight. Our night vision googles don't show any movement or light from the inside.

We advance closely, all twelve of us. My gun pointed higher and breathing under control.

'Ray im coming hun. I promise I will get you out'

My heart is racing, my legs on fire, and my heart yearning to know if she is still alive. She needs to be.

*Echo, are you in echo*

BOOM BOOM BOOM Gunfire began to rain down on us 

BOOM BOOM BOOM I move quickly further towards the institution doors 

BOOM BOOM BOOM the man to right of me falls to the ground

 BOOM BOOM BOOM Men start to pour out from the front of the building

BOOM a blast to my shoulder sends me falling on my back. The pain is so intense I cringe as I look through my lenses to see a dark green substance...blood. 'No....this is not it.' I look to my shoulder to see it only nicked the top and flew through, I will be okay.

"I AM COMING RAY" I scream and as I scream lights fly over all of us on the ground, the flyers had come. Lights sent bright gazes in my night vision lenses gave me adrenaline and I blasted forward at my enemies. Men in front of me were on the ground lifeless, I leap over them and head towards the door alone. With a thrust of my leg I kick a man down about to thrust a knife into the top of my head. A man to my right made his way towards the front shattered glass door and leaped through them, scratching his limbs. 

I leaped forward, summersaulting through the cracked door to find myself in a long gray hallway. Dead bodies surrounded my feet, my men and the enemy. The smell of blood and dirt raged in my nostrils, the burning pain in my shoulder seemed to ache even worse now that I had stopped I my tracks.

'I need to keep going'

"FRENCHHHHHH MOVE FORWARD" Voices yelled at me from the outside, a group of three men were making their way, firing at all angles. I take my rifle and stealthy back up, aiming at whoever stood in their way. One man fell, lifeless, the other two followed my pursuit through the door and grabbed my waist belt. They pull me away from the door and against the stone wall of the hallway.

BLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAASSSSSSTTTTT THE WHOLE FRONT ENTRANCE BLEW OPEN

Ringing filled our ears, but we moved forwards away from the door.

"What the hell was that?!?" I practically yelled at the man to my side pulling me, "That was not our plan"

"It wasn't kid, suicide bomb activated with you in, we could see the light from the outside"

'Oh shi-'

"FIND THEM" "KILL THE WOMEN" "TAKE HER" Angry voices rang down the hallway behind us, stomping up above from heavy boots meant we were about to enter an outnumbered fight.

"Where do we go? Their are no signs Jefferson" The second man asked his partner. The other man pulled the two of us into an open door closet and shut the door.

"Listen hear, Charlie devised a good plan. But we don't have any way of getting past any of these people without knowing the layout of this hospital. The one we have, is nothing like this. We are in a sh*thole and the only way we can save Ray and all these women is if we stay together." He sternly said, "You okay with that?"

The man had not night vision googles, only a beanie wrapped tight to his head. He was much older that I, maybe around 35. The other one seemed a few years younger, but the way he carried himself assured me he was well suited for this job. The two men grasped hands and then fistbump.

"Year 8 with the best battle partner and best man at my wedding I could ever ask for," The younger man said with a smile. Jefferson nodded and they let go.

"What about you French, you ready for this?" Jefferson asked me with a hand out to shake.

I reach out a grasp it, "Lets find Ray"