Chapter 13

SUPRISE I AM BACK!!!! Im back to write more on this story of Rae and her siblings adventures. Because itse been so long, here is the next part! Be ready for next chapter next week!!!!

Hunter P.O.V

Three guns and five people. Only one would be needed to end my life and all three were pointed at me and the children.

I froze as everything began to unfold.

The man behind the counter walked over to the gas station door and locked the bolt lock at the top. He had a large piston strapped to the side of his belt and a knife sticking out of his boot. He was an older statured man, with a beer belly large enough that he couldn't see his toes.

Maria, the covered woman took off her beanie, as well as the sunglasses. Her hair was jet black and diamond studs pierced her ears. She too slapped her gun on the table and stared right at crying Aria. The woman had that sinister look only demons could perceive.

"Alright kid, this is the end point. Hand over the baby and no one will get hurt" One of the men to the left of Major Jackson said. Major Jackson wasn't too pleased with my speechless-self looking around the room.

The man took two steps forward dragging Tyler on the ground before picking him up. The boy's arms were pinned underneath his dads strong grip. "Every door is looked son, nowhere to escape other than to death."

I took a step back, knocking into the woman who has managed to come behind me. She reached her fingers towards Aria's hair, but I clutched the baby closer to my chest.

"Everyone put their guns down," Major Jacksons stated, "The Father is wanting this to be quick,"

The Father?

"You can't have them, I was told to protect them. To protect them FROM YOU!" I hollered and spat towards the demonic soldier in front of me. Tyler's face and palms were turning red from the frustration and tight grip, I could tell he was breathing but he would be able to withstand the stress. "Hell, you are hurting your own son right now,"

In a second, Major Jackson switched his grip and handed Tyler to the woman whose arms were wide open. The little man screamed, kicked the woman and ran to my leg. However, no one moved, not even Jackson.

Jackson licked his lips and crossed his arms, "Its Hunter right?"

I looked dead at the man, no motion to make a 'yes' or 'no'.

"Well, your mother tells me your father dumped you and her on Christmas about five years ago. That too bad he fell in love with a woman less than a decade older than you." He smirked and reached for a beef jerky stick from the counter. Ripping the plastic off with his teeth he ate it whole and spit the plastic out. "I know how that feels, happened to my mother as well. Except my father decided to leave and run away with my aunt. But don't you see? We have a connection!"

I laughed a bit and looked down at Aria, whom has passed out in my arms due to exhaustion. "We do not have any sort of connection. You are criminal, and I am a protector."

Jackson pointed at me and placed a hand on the man next to him, still holding a finger on his lowered weapon.

"No son, we are just alike. Abandoned. Forgotten. Left to the unknown. You are a soldier, just as I am. And just like I am going to have a fresh start...you can as well. Maybe even with my daughter?"

I stared right into the heartless man's eyes, no idea if he's telling the truth or a hidden sniper is aiming for my head. I looked down at a red-eyed Tyler holding onto my pants and Aria clinging to my shirt.

"Where would you take us?" I asked. Tyler jumped and from my peripherals he was staring up at me. I knew he didn't want to go with the people around us.

Major Jackson and the man next to him pulled out a cellphone and began typing in it. When done he threw it at me, reaching up to the side I caught it with one hand.

"Trust me enough to drive with us to the place? I know the youngsters have no desire to come with me in my van. I'll take you to Raylynn and you two can go be free.

"Hunter?" Tyler whimpered below me as I read the GPS coordinates on the screen. It was an hour north of here, almost to the Oklahoma Border. One of the Mental Institutions that had been shut down in the 1950's, the town deserted, and no one lives within 50 miles. Great...

"Hunter?"

"We got a deal boy?" Jackson asked putting his Glock away in his belt.

I started to get an itch on my leg, something wet.....Wet?

"God dammit the boy peed himself," The Gas Station counter man complained, "He's gotta drive the kids cause my Mercedes is not going to smell like child sh-"

"SHUT IT!"Major Jackson yelled at the man. The fat man startled, fixed his hair back then fumbled with his fingers.

Tyler began to cry and cross his legs, the boy hadn't peed in almost two hours. "I have a change of clothes in the jeep for him, can I go get them?"

"No!" The group yelled at me. I nodded.

"Then go get him some pants, cause if he gets a rash then you are going to have a demon child on your hands." Tyler was too shocked and embarrassed to do anything, he had peed on me and soaked his own pants.

Maria, the woman grabbed the keys from my back pocket and hustled to the black Jeep. She came back with a pair of blue jeans and new red tshirt for him. In the other hand a pair of blue jeans for me as well.

"Hurry up and change, we will be waiting here."

I nodded and led Tyler to the bathroom, clutching Aria closer to my chest. The womens restroom was open and I locked the door to it. I looked around.....and to our surprise and window big enough for two of me to fit through was right in front of us.

"Tyler, take off your wet pants." I said and crossed my fingers to him. He had noticed the window as well. He slid them off, practicly throwing them to me and ran to the toilet seat. Climbing up onto the handicap railing he pushed the window up and waved at me.

Quickly I took the wet pants and tied the door handle with one leg and the other to the sinks pipes.With a little shove, Tyler made it through and held his arms out for Aria.

"What's taking so long?!?" a voice yelled from outside the door. In panic I practically threw Aria to him and leapt up to the window ledge.

The second my hands made it up, the door slammed open and cursing filled the pink womans room. Tyler cried and craddled Aria as I kicked the hands gribbing my legs. With one final push I made it through and ducked as guns aimed for our heads.

"They're getting away!" I could make out Major Jackson's angered tone. With all my strength and the two children now under both my arms I made it to the Jeep. Luckily the vehicle had a spare key and I started the engine. Tyler ducked under the dashboard with Aria as the backseat was not an option.

I swung around the gas stations, missing shots from all angles. Shattering glass sliced little bits into my arms and neck, but nothing matter more than getting to the one location I need to be at.

Wherever the hell Raylynn is at.

In the rear view mirror I looked to see them all the people standing, no one made a run for their vans to chase us. We needed a group, someone we could trust and have our backs. I can't keep doing childcare and superhero for long.

With a deep breath I reached into my pocked and pulled out my non-trackable cellphone. And dialed the number of a person I never thought I would need.