Chapter 6

"Raylynn he didn't leave his weapons behind at base when he left. We believe he is going to do something with them. And from the looks of it he is here in Pampa..

And you are his target"

My body went numb. The world around me slowed down.

Why would my dad, a man who wanted nothing to do with me want to harm me? I did nothing. The only thing I have in this world is my brother and

Aria.

"RAYLYNN"

I awake from my trance to see my brother being pulled away by the lady named Mary. Shaking my head I grab my brother hand and pull him back from the woman.

"No one takes my brother away, no one" She gave me a small smile and ushered me out of the house. Turning back around to look at our home, I see the police men searching through the kitchen cupboard and flipping cushions off our couches.

The steps down to the ground level were the longest steps I had taken. Snow flurries were descending harder then ever, I could barely see my neighbors across the street looking at the scene.

"Raylynn Maia Jackson" A stern voice called to me. I turn my head to see a familiar boy. He looked familiar, but where?

"Bathroom boy!" Tyler exclaimed. My memory came back to a few weeks ago he was the donuts shop boy that helped me with Aria.

"Why are you here?" I ask the cute boy.

The boy licked his lips and opened the brown folder in his hands, "My name is Hunter French, I' am the son of Mary French, I have been assigned to protect you till this case is figured out,"

I lift Aria to rest up on my chest, "What case? There is no case!" I squint my eyebrows in frustration, "My father gave up his fatherhood a long time ago after my mom died,"

"I' am sorry to hear that about your mother ma'am, but I have strict rules to keep you safe,"

"What on earth did my father take from his base?" The man zipped up his jacket and took a step towards me.

"Raylynn, you need to understand that your father brought his AK-47," he takes a look at the baby in my hands and smiled, "She has gotten bigger"

"Dude, don't change the subject. How the hell did my-"

"LANGUAGE" Tyler screams at me.

I roll my eyes at my brother, "How could my father manage to escape a desert, travel across the ocean, and halfway through America to Pampa?"

"Because your father had someone on this side to help him,"

And before I could open my mouth, Aria hollered up to me.

"Lets get you three out of here, the crew will gather up all your belongings and Christmas presents," He sighs at the last part, "I'm sorry this happened on Christmas day ma'am,"

I give him a half smile, "It's okay, I'm sorry you have to deal with this on Christmas day,"

"No need to be sorry, my mother has refused to celebrate Christmas for the past few years," he says as he ushers me over to an open black suburban.

"Were you a bad boy Hunter?" Tyler asks innocently, I  hold back my laughter as Hunters face coils in humiliation.

"No, my father left us a right before Christmas a few years back, and the season reminds her too much of him," He turns his back to me and lifts Tyler into the large car.

"I'm sorry to hear that," I squeeze his arm a bit and smile. He smiles back and helps lift me into the seat.

"I will see you later Raylynn," he finishes and shuts the door.

Slipping the snow-covered blanket off me, I cuddle Aria in my arms as best I could. Tyler hops over and places his nose up against the car window staring at our small apartment on the second floor. the lights were all on and the Christmas tree was flickering multiple colors. And then I placed my hand upon my neck to grab my necklace.

But it wasn't there.

"Shoot, Tyler stay here!" I tell my brother, opening the door and placing Aria in his lap.

I rush through the crowds of people searching the ground and race up the stairs to my home. The front door was wide open and before I could get inside two firm hands grabbed me.

"Ms. Jackson you cannot be up here," He said, I did what any girl would have done and kicked him where the sun don't shine and ran to my room.  A women was holding up my golden necklace and about to place it in a clear baggy.

"GIVE ME THAT RIGHT NOW!" I exclaim and pull it out of her firm hands.

The lady jumped and took a step back. In seconds she buzzed for help and I was pulled out of my room. With the necklace tight in my hands I kicked and screamed against the hard cold hands on my skin.

"LET ME GO!" I scream

"Ma'am calm down, you are okay," one of the officers that was holding me said. But as stubborn as I am it flew in and went out the other ear.

With one smack against a shin I managed to fall to the ground but I took the officer down with me. His weight slammed me hard and my head became hard as a rock.

Before I knew it my necklace fell out of my hands and my world became black.