Chapter 5

Sorry for long wait guys but here is the next chapter! If you have any ideas for next chapter let me know.

6:30am
I rock Aria back and forth as I watch the Frosty The Snowman movie. She was so peaceful, her fluffy hair all brushed back and her tiny fingers wrapped around my thumb. Moments like these make me happy-make me feel like I'm doing something right.

The under the tree were all set up and the gifts from the Angel Tree organization were dropped off not to long ago. Everything was just wonderful.

Now I just have wait for-

"RAYLYNN SANTA CAME!"

There it is.

The little boy rushed over in Christmas pjs and a fuzzy santa socks.

"well good morning to you too!" I giggle. Aria slowly wakes up rubbing her little eyes and curls into me.

"Merry Christmas Aria," Tyler says planting a kiss on her cheek and then on mine.

I get myself off the coach and ruffle my brothers hair.

"Can we open presents now?" He pleads

"Um..." I smirk, "nope!"

"WHAT! No it's Christmas Ray!"

"Chill out bud, we always eat breakfast first," I say and walk over to Aria's swing. I buckle her up and pull up her Christmas pjs.

Thank God for frozen pre-made waffles because I'm too lazy in the morning to make food.

Sparking orange juice, Strawberries, and waffles- the best breakfast combination.

I heat those delicious waffles up, sprinkles them with powder sugar and syrup, then gobble them down with my brother. With his tiny hands he shoves his last waffle into his mouth and runs over to the tree.

"Tyler I swear if you choke on that waffle-" I laugh and go back to pick up a sleepy Aria.

"Yea, yea. Can I open my present now?!" He pleads as he falls into his back holding a large silver box.

"By all means, just grab me one!" I say rest the baby up against the couch pillow. Tyler hands me a white packages from the Angel Tree organization and sits down against the couch.

I bought Tyler a new remote control car set and a sturdy pair of soccer cleats to wear in the spring. The Angel tree had given him an infinite amount of superhero decal shirts and socks that by the look on his face I knew he was happy.

Tyler has made me a ceramic blue mug from his art class in school and a beaded bracelet. For a young kid I was proud that he was stepping up to give to others.

The Angel Tree wrapped up for me a pair of black and blue jeans, a box of fleece sweaters, and of course baby diapers for Aria.

Today was going very smoothly with the snow storm outside. We haven't had one of those in years.

"Aria, I didn't get the one gift I asked for?" Tyler says as he sets up his blue remote car set. I look at him for a sec and then at Aria who was fast asleep in her swing.

"What?" I question.

"I asked Santa for Dad to come a visit. I want him to teach me how to be a great offense player," he sighs. My body shivers at the thought of my dad.

"You know what I will help you be the best center your team will ever have,"

Tyler gazes upon me with a look of despair, "but I want dad,"

I take a deep breathe and lean on my knees to look him in the eye, "If dad really wanted to be for us, he would have called or helped me care for you,"

Tyler's eyes fill with a bit of tears and I pinch his cheek. He smiles a bit, wipes the waterfalls and turns on his car.

The blue race car spins and rolls back-n-forth. Sometimes small gestures can make a huge difference to people with big hearts.

*bang*

The front door slammed open and two police men came barging in. Both covered in bullet proof vests and tasers. Tyler screams and I run to grab a now hollering Aria. The men stampede into our kitchen and through the house.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I yelled as I heard doors slamming open. I grab a hold of Tyler's hand and walk towards the Christmas tree.

A breeze of cold air flew into the house and a woman dressed in navy blue makes her way over to me. Her brown eyes full of frustration and worry looked upon the small family in front of her.

"Are you alright?" She asks and grabs the blanket off the couch handing it to me. At this point I'm in shock.

"Raylynn, my name is Mary, I work for the FBI. Have you had anyone over or any maintenance today?"

I shake my head as I wrap the blanket around My body with Tyler hugging tightly against me underneath. Aria curls into my arm and finally stops crying.

"Raylynn your father had been M.I.A, for the last few weeks."

My eyes widen and take a step towards this woman, "my father has been employed far away for some time now. I have sole custody of my brother. Why would you even think he would come here?"

"Raylynn he didn't leave his weapons behind at base when he left. We believe he is going to do something with them. And from the looks of it he is here in Pampa..

And you are his target"