Chapter 9

Chapter 9: White Knight

Lunes na naman kaya naman balik eskwelahan na naman si Solo. Rati ay ayaw na ayaw niyang pumasok kasi boring ‘daw’, at mas gugustuhin na lang tumambay sa Mall para makipaglaro ng chess sa mga random na taong makikilala niya roon.

Pero hindi niya alam na unti-unti na rin niyang niyayakap ang sitwasyon niya kung nasaan man siya ngayon. Who would have thought that she would meet some nice people that will surely treat her a friend even tho they are not that close? Thank you because she met Asla, the most friendly of them all.

And as for Gun, thank you to him as well for keeping Solo safe. Actually, pareho silang dalawa ni Asla. Worried about Solo.

But if not for Techno, I guess she wouldn’t be in this Academy right now. Thank you kako sa kaniya dahil pinahiram nito ng headphone si Solo. Kung hindi ay paniguradong wala siya rito ngayon ng dahil lang sa sobrang destruction.

Dati ay natatakot siyang tumapak sa isang school ng dahil lang sa isang kasalanang nagawa niya rati. She dared to beat a classmate, that almost leads to his death. But if not for her family, malamang na mananagot siya ng malaki sa ginawa niya.

But after meeting her friends, I guess, there’s nothing to be afraid of.

Habang naglalakad si Solo papunta sa main building ay naramdaman niya ang presensiya ni Jade, na siyang sumulpot sa tabi niya.

“I don’t know how to thank you for making me guilty about the shits that I’ve done to my brother for the past years of his life.” Jade suddenly muttered.

“How does it feel reconciling with your brother?” Solo asked. She asked it normally but deep inside her, is a memory that keeps on hunting her.

“I feel more guilty instead of being happy. After hearing his grudges, it makes me feel more guilty after all the things that I have done towards him. I even think that I don’t deserve him as my brother, and you know why.”

Solo sighed and nodded. “Do you know that it’s more better if you’ll just let go with that thoughts of yours and focus more of what you are and your brother right now? I mean, I know that you’re guilty but you’re already forgiven. Because after all, you’re still Jade Allison. You are still his sister.”

Jade didn’t say a word.

“You just have to let go of your past and focus on what’s present. I mean, forget all those bad memories that you and your brother have, and build new ones instead.”

“Hmn,” Jade nodded. “I commit to myself to redeem all the good things that he did to me. And now, it’s my turn to show him how important he is to me. I don’t care if everyone will saw us together, I don’t care if they’ll know that he’s my brother. Because after all, their opinions don’t even matter.”

Solo chuckled. “You rhyme it, cool.”

Nang makarating sa main building ang dalawa ay sakto namang sumulpot din sa Gun na mukhang galing pa sa dorm nito.

“Sawasdee khrap.” He greeted. Magsasalita pa sana siya pero kaagad siyang natigilan nang makita ang band aid sa pisngi ni Solo, na malapit lang sa mata. “Why are you wearing band aid on your cheek?”

Solo blinked, “This is nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hmn, yeah.”

Gun just nodded, “It’s so unusual to see you together. Why are you together by the way? Is there something between the two of you?” Gun asked curiously.

Solo’s forehead creased. “Something? What do you mean?”

“Aw,” inayos ni Gun ang bag niya. “I mean, you’re not even friends. And the two of you just have a misunderstanding last week. But then I’ll see you together today. I’m just curious.” Then he blinked.