Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Techno Alvarez 2.0

“Where’s Gun, Asla, and Solo?” Salubong ni Minrod kay Techno nang makabalik siya sa classroom nila.

His forehead creased, “Wala pa sila?” He asked the latter.

Minrod frowned, “Do you really think I would bother myself to asked you with that question and make myself stupid if they’re around? No — the answer is no.”

Umiling si Techno saka napaisip. “Akala ko nauna na sila rito kasi bigla silang nawala roon sa ospital, kaya nga ako bumalik dito.”

“What do you mean?”

Nagkibit balikat si Techno. “I don’t know.” Binalingan nito ng tingin si Brandon. “Can you give Gun a call and ask them where they are?”

“Yeah, sure.”

Bigla na lang ay bumukas ang pintuan. “You don’t have to, Brandon.” Anang Gun na kakarating lang kasama si Asla.

Techno’s forehead creased. “Where have you been? And, where’s Solo?”

Bumuntong hininga si Asla saka ito lumapit kay Techno. Then she smiled briefly, “Here.” Nag-abot ito ng resibo. “I had pay your hospital bills for the last month so you don’t have to worry anymore.”

Techno’s face became serious while looking at the latter. “Asla,”

“Really Techno, I just wanted to help you. I don’t want you to stress yourself, and share you problems to us instead.”

“It’s not what I’m concerned of, Asla. What I’m concerned of is that, you should have consulted me first before paying the bill.”

“Well, I opt not to because I know that you’re not going to let me.”

Techno sighed. “Don’t do it again.”

“Yeah, I swear.”

“So, where’s Severino?” Minrod interrupted their conversation.

“Oh, about her. She went out of the school together with her guardian. Bumalik kasi kanina lang at mukhang may pupuntahan silang dalawa.” Gun answered.

“Where?”

The latter shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t have any idea.”

Newt cleared his throat who’s now standing on the podium. “So, may I now start our meeting regarding the upcoming event?”

Kaniya-kaniya nang bumalik sa upuan ang mga kaklase nito kaya naman nagsimula na siyang magsalita at idiscuss sa lahat ang mga gagawin.

“So since the event will be held on the complex, I think medyo malaki-laki ang gagawin nating preparations. Forget about our committee agenda first and let’s make new groupings. First, I want Meen, Rin, Ada, and Luna to take care regarding the designs of the complex. Bear in mind that our theme during the event is a formal one. So, colors should be fit in too. As for Brandon, Techno, and Asla. I want you to take care regarding the catering services. Gun, I’ll assign you together with Solo concerning about the sound system. Also, approach those clubs who has something to do with the event as well, especially the Dance Troupe and the Musical Club. It’s necessary for them to perform during the event.”

“Noted, President.”

“And as for Minrod, Me and Jade. Leave the rest to us. Let us handle the rest of the jobs.”

“By the way, who’s our guest during the event? Is it a celebrity just like last time?” Ada asked.

Newt shrugged his shoulders. “We still don’t know. But as I said, leave it to us, don’t worry.”