Chapter 19

Chapter 19

It’s already lunch time and it’s so unusual for the cafeteria to be this silent. I mean, you can only hear the noises from the utensils — not from the students.

“The silence was deafening.” Nakangiwing reklamo ni Meen habang hawak-hawak ang kutsara niyang may ice cream. “Ugh, I fucking hate it here.” Binuntotan niya pa iyon ng isang irap.

“Anong meron?” takang tanong naman ni Gun kahit pa busy ito sa pagnguya. “Ang tahimik naman.”

“Duh, obvious naman na tahimik. Tsk.” Umirap si Rin. “What’s with the people today? I hate their silence today.”

“And they keep on glancing at us! It fucking irritates me!” Meen almost scream in annoyance.

“Be like them, bitch. Just for today, shut your mouth up before I lost my sanity and rip them apart.” Minrod devilishly warned the latter.

“Fuck you, rip my ass.”

“Hey you two, can you shut your filthy mouths? We have innocent here.” Iritable namang saway ni Techno kina Minrod at Meen na ngayon ay nakatabon na pala ang mga kamay sa magkabilang tainga ni Asla. “Wala ba kayong mga seminar? Tsk.”

But Meen will always be Meen — from her name itself, mean. She glared back at those students who keeps glancing at their direction and said, “Stop glancing! You’re all annoying!”

“Can I say a bad word?” Asla suddenly asked out of nowhere.

That question earned a glare from her classmates, well except from Meen and Rin who’s now wiggling their eyebrows on her. That even earned the very big “No!” from them and a “Yes, of course!” from the two ladies.

“No, you can’t.” Techno said.

“But why can’t I? Meen and Minrod keeps saying it. It’s a free word, right? Or, do I have to avail?”

“No, stop. Drop the conversation. You’re giving me headaches.” Anang Techno habang nakapikit na hinihilot ang sentido. Nang magbukas ito ng mga mata ay saka niya sinamaan ng tingin sina Minrod at Meen. “I’m telling you two, if ever she adopted those words from you, I’ll literally kick you asses. Take that word from me.”

“But why can’t I? I’m really curious about how does it feel to say those words,” she even pouted. “Meen looks so happy whenever she’s saying it and Jade and Rin and Solo used those words too.”

“You can’t and you’re not allowed to use it. Don’t ever think of using it because I will never let you.” Techno sighed, “note that.”

“But Gun cussed too!”

“Oh yeah, but I do it in Thai.”

“Drop the conversation already, Martinez. It’s a big NO and stop saying ‘Buts’, it’s annoying.” It was Solo.

She immediately zipped her mouth. And yes, she’ll admit it — she’s scared of Solo. She said it with a low tone but full of authority voice, with an emotionless face, and dead looking eyes. Aside from those, she called her using her surname which indicates that it no longer amuses her. Oh crap, how scary silent Severino is.

“Oww, sad. Handa pa naman na akong turuan siya.” Nakangiwing sabi ni Meen.

“Try and you’ll deal with me. Ako na mismo ang magsusunog ng kaluluwa mo sa impiyerno.”

“Woah, that’s scary . . .”

“Open a conversation, Gun.” Inutos iyon ni Newt habang seryosong umiinom ng tubig.

Gun is a jolly person and energetic. He and Asla was the conversation starter of the class when they’re in a very awkward situation — or like this kind of situation. But since Asla got scolded by Solo and Techno, then he’ll leave it to Gun.