Epilogue.

A groan pulled itself out of my throat as bright light pushed against the other side of my eyelids.

A steady mechanical beep echoed through my ears as I refused to open my eyes.

No.

"Wake up." Aife's voice ordered.

I laid as still as possible, back and neck aching. Breathing low and deep through my nose.

"Don't be a fool. I know yer awake."

With a sigh I opened my eyes and squinted at her through the blinding white.

"Why are you even here?" I probably knew the answer if I bothered enough to really think about it, but I didn't want to.

"Just making sure that yer still sane." I let out a snort at that.

"Seriously?"

"You tried to kill yerself."

"I did not." I lied. I did not need to, we both knew the truth.

"Pretty sure you did."

Eyes rolling, I stretched out stiff limbs. A spark of pain shot up my spine and my fingers gingerly reached back. The feeling of soft skin caused a shiver to run up my back instead.

Aife watched me, her face revealing nothing.

"Stop that."

"What? S'not my fault yer body is like that." I rolled my eyes at her again.

"I still do not understand. My power revolves around energy manipulation into teleportation... How did the second activation heal me?"

No more old wounds. I am now a clean slate.

I twisted my arm and pushed up my sleeve, relieved that my dagger tattoo still resided. "And how did it recognise my tattoos from the other scars?"

Why are the wounds I chose to make myself still there when all the others are not?

"You've always been a mystery, Red. A weak psychic wit strong levels a power who c'n even interact wit the supernatural."

"Genetically I am a psychic... I am human..." I started.

"But why're you so diff'rent?" Aife finished for me. Nodding, I turned and looked out the window at the white snow around me.

Home.

"I suppose that is why I have come back." I didn't really know for sure why exactly I was really here of all places. Why did everything lead me back here? The most dangerous place for me on Earth.

"And to put a stop to that bitch and 'er genetic experiments."

Breeding.

A shudder fell down my shoulders at the word.

Buildings began to rise from the snow and my back straightened as I stared, mesmerised. I fought the urge to pick at my fingers, my leg bouncing. A movement that did not go unnoticed by Aife.

"Eleven years will have changed a lot here."

"Yeah, well. We smuggled yer into the border. Ya got a week before you promised ta see the runts."

A small smile pulled at the corner of my mouth as I thought of Georgia, and, now Neo.

The helicopter landed down on the hard snow and I hauled open the door. A look back earned me a wink from Aife as she started yelling. "Good luck out there, Red. I'll see ya in England!"

The cold, bitter, Winter wind battered at my face and pulled at my hair. I stopped, lungs filling deeply, savouring the freezing air as the hulking black figure behind me took flight.

Home.

A cruel smile pulled the ends of my lips as I moved forward, storing the landing site as my first usable teleportation area in my old home.

Step by step, the buildings got closer and closer, before I finally stepped into a bustling crowd...

And disappeared in the sea of people.

_______________

Hey all!

Just a lil update on the sequel to this book, I'm planning on beginning the release of the follow up novel on the 4th of April 2021 (Easter Sunday). I'm not 1,000% on the name of the book so any and all suggestions are highly appreciated because honestly, the name can change at any time! The person who can come up with a perfect name will of course, get a shout out as well as any honourable mentions.

So keep your eyes peeled for more content from our messed up Red!