Chapter 11.

My feet halted, bring us both to a stop. Red eyes casting themselves back towards James.

Somehow he seemed to know that I had seen something with my activated vision because he raised his gun higher, a dark and concentrated look taking over his face as I directed him to the left.

We inched forward, both still in the middle as the two other people came closer. He will be able to take care of himself. I tried to convince myself of it, but there was a persistent itching underneath my skin with every step we both took. My heart began to slow into its steady, constant rhythm as they got closer and I motioned for James and I to split.

I hoped that he would know to be as silent as possible.

If he did not, we would have to abort.

Now that I knew that not only was our target here, but 'Dick' was too... I was not willing to abort.

I would not stop until his smug face lie broken.

Under my red gaze, the world began to slow, my heartbeat gaining a strong, steady rhythm. Adrenaline crawled up my spine in excitement. It's gentle fingers letting me know it was there.

And it was as ready as I was.

I took in a deep breath rolling my shoulders as to the left I saw the guard's shoulder coming into view. Rolling forward, my body twisted, turning as my finger squeezed.

With a soft whisper, the bullet left my gun and I watched as a small red dot bloomed on the man's forehead. It stretched out forming a small red flower as his body began to fall backwards.

A quick glance behind me showed another body down in a heap as Joey stood over it, checking for life.

Our eyes met, steel sparking off of steel like two swords meeting in heavy combat, just striking enough to give a jolt as they passed.

Without a word he followed me as I inspected the meeting through the glass. I could see naught but shapes but I knew, Dick was not in there.

If I had of looked harder, I would have noticed the small shape in the corner in the fetal position, the small heart beating fast that glowed just a little bit brighter than the rest.

But I did not.

We moved on together, silent.

Suddenly I stopped. Unable to see ahead. The wall in front of us seemed to be lined with some sort of metal, making it next to impossible for me to see through the blinding red glow.

James stopped just behind me, casting a quick glance over his shoulder towards the meeting that we had walked past. His shoulder bumped mine gently, inquiring. I hesitated, lowering my main gun for a moment before I set off again.

Stay low and fast. It does not matter that you cannot see young one, you are more than well-trained... Despite your bad habits.

Suddenly, the door to the office swung open and I leapt at James, my arms enclosing his body as we moved to hide behind the corner from the door. He stumbled briefly as I let go before straightening and holding his gun steady in both hands, pointed at the ground.

My breath came out in a cloud in my vision as I pushed my head back against the wall, closing my eyes. Slowly, sound became louder as I focused in their direction, angling my head slightly.

It seems there is more than one meeting tonight.

"-secured? I'm going to have the boys tighten up the perimeter see who has snuck up the elevator."

"Make sure you do." A deeper, smooth voice answered. Power in every word.

Elevator monitored. Guards below not in direct contact or unable to give a clear identification. Something in the back of my head tingled, a door slowly opening as my limited psychic abilities peeked through.