Chapter 15.

Soooooo... Apparently it's been 6 months since I last posted a chapter? 
Enjoy!

"Faster!" Sensei yelled at me in his native dialect as I ducked under his incoming bo staff, my own swirled and knocked him hard in the chest. Driving his feet back.

With a grunt I advanced on him, never slowing as I attacked. Keeping him on the defence was the best strategy due to my smaller, weaker frame.

At 15 I had already killed more men than most soldiers would in their limited life times. I also knew more languages having been shuffled from country to country with my Sensei.

My almost-father.

Sensi spun, the bottom of his staff flicking out and hitting mine as I defended myself, blind to him using that momentum to propel the top towards my head.

With a gasp I stumbled. The THUNK noise echoing through my ears as they began to ring. "RISE! Stay down and you die!"

Room swaying, I raised myself up fast as time began to slow. Sensei always seemed to know when it did. "That's it! Harness your power. Control it!" I could feel burning warmth rising up my body from my stomach and pushed it down right before it burned my eyes.

No. Not again.

I advanced on him again, moving faster than before as I glided through the thick soup of time. He kept up with me, his chest heaving as he worked harder than I had to in order to keep the same pace.

With a sweep behind him, he pulled his staff around for my head as I blindly shot out at his chest again. Eyes burning red for a moment and blanketing my vision. 

The involuntary action allowed for a strike.

With a moan I stared at the wooden floor, blood from my mouth had started to leak out and pool. The blind shot had a favourable effect. My red sight was gone. I was glad of it.

Getting up, I advanced on him again. He parried half of my attacks, managing to dodge and weave with only a few hits reaching him. "Harder! Faster!"

His staff came out and hit me in the throat, pushing me backwards. 

He had done damage.

It was my turn to be on the retreat as he attacked at me. My lungs screaming for air that refused to pass through my throat. There was a low wheezing coming from my body.

I felt the Rage build in me. The scientists called it my 'fight or flight' mechanism. But it was more than that. It was something more.

My distraction caused Sensei to land more hits as I tried to fight the Rage down. "CONTROL IT! USE IT!"

Red burned my eyes, causing tears to begin flowing. Shaking my head, I stumbled, falling onto my back. The pain settled as time slowed more, my red vision glowed brighter as I saw the stick moving down towards my body at full-force.

Before it came too close, both my legs stretched out as one, driving my Sensei further back than my small body should've been able to.

I scrambled up and towards him.

"Sensei?" He recovered swiftly and in just a few moves I was down again on the floor. Blood leaking out of my nose and flying out of my mouth.

My red vision slowly leaked away giving relief to my sore eyes. "Sensei. Please."

"Do not allow yourself to be weak, young one." He whacked at the back of my leg with his staff. I could already feel it turning red. But he came down to where I was laying as I stared at his bare feet.