Chapter 10.

James and I were going over the plans as a sound echoed throughout the silent apartment. Anastasia was watching us, not quite listening and frustrating us both.

Within a moment, James had pulled his gun out of his holster on his dark jeans and motioned for Anastasia to move back out of sight.

The person on the other side of the door knocked again. A teasing knock that fell flat as both pairs of our feet moved swiftly and silently towards the door.

Red energy flowed down my wrists as I stood behind where the door was open.

James' eyes met my own and we nodded at each other.

Ready.

James unlocked the door and pulled it open quickly as a voice slithered into the room.

"Delivery!"

You have got to be kidding me.

I pulled the door open harshly and glared at the bright white teeth grinning in my direction.

"Dominic. What are you doing here?" His wolfish grin spread up, almost hitting his ears. I sighed, hanging my head and stepping back to let him in.

"You are friends with more than one supernatural?" James asked me, his hands still grasping his gun firmly in between them as he eyed down Dom. 

Dom strode in, body at ease and haughty, carrying 3 garment bags as if they were empty, but they were not.

"I believe he is currently having sexual relations with Aife." James' eyebrows rose as he regarded everyone in the room.

"Don't say it like that Lidiya-" Whatever he was going to say next was cut off as I leapt at him, dagger quickly forming in my hand. The fabric of his shirt was soft under my fingers as the edge of my blade became level with the soft spot below his Adam's apple.

"That is NOT my name." The words came out as a throaty hiss. Dom glanced down at the dagger, something dark shifted behind his eyes before retreating with a show of effort.

"It used to be." His voice fell flat and he threw the bags on one of the lounges in the large room. "Not that you ever told us that."

We stared each other down for a moment. Neither of us looking away.

"If I had wanted you to know, I would have told you." My voice was flat, dead. No hint of my Russian accent in it. "That word is a curse that will not come from your lips again. Is that understood?" My eyes began burning their deep red as my chest constricted.

It haunts me always.

"Understood... Red." He took a step back, taking us all in. My body relaxed slightly at this, the dagger disappearing in a dull blaze of red energy.

I grabbed the garment bags, throwing them at their respective targets.

"Let's get changed. We do not have long."

I disappeared into one of the bathrooms, taking in the blood red dress before me. It was expensive enough for us to fit in at the benefit. There were slits at the sides to also allow for movement.

I hate it when I have to do assignments in clothes like these...

But I had not been loosely trained. I knew how to do it... And I was good.

Aife had been thoughtful enough to add a few things when she had obviously intercepted the delivery I sent to my apartment.

I stared at the makeup in front of me.